chapter fifty one. the pill

Ever followed her older sister into the pharmacy, a little hat keeping all her hair down as she shoved her mitten covered hands into her pockets.

"Daddy said you guys have to buy me ice cream after this." The tip of her nose had turned a light shade of pink as she looked between her older siblings, "You know, before you came around, I was dad's favourite." Laurie noted while Ever looked through the different brands of tampons.

"I remember when I was dad's favourite, back when I was still in his sack." Eric placed a hand over his heart as the girls cringed at him.

"Freaky little weirdo." Ever grabbed the first box that looked pretty, "Come on," She walked to the cue that formed to where the pharmacist was helping the people.

"Next time, can you walk to get this stuff?" Laurie and Eric had been the ones to drive their little sister around, their dad wanted Laurie there to help Ever with her first period and Eric there to get his sister whatever she wanted. She really was his favourite.

"No, that's why I have you, to drive me around." Ever teased and Eric mimicked her. "Brat." He mumbled and she did a little curtsy, "I try." Laurie laughed, she always liked when Ever was being bratty towards Eric, she liked how the youngest only ever really caused him trouble.

"What are you laughing about? Shouldn't you be whoring around in Fort Lauderdale?" Eric turned his back to Ever, getting a better look at his older sister.

"Hey, don't be mean about her being a whore. Be mean about the fact that's she's probably flunking out of college." Ever drew both their attention and this time Eric was the one laughing. "You probably won't even get into college, don't start." Ever was the only one laughing now.

"Daddy's little demon." Laurie comments and Ever waves it off with a small smile, "You're flattering me, this is going straight to my giant blonde ego." She turned and the person in front of her was gone. Before they could reach the register, Donna's dad walked in ahead of them.

"Prescription for Pinciotti." The pharmacist went to the back to get the prescription while Ever handed her tampons to Eric and went to stand next to Laurie who was playing with her fingers.

"Hiya girls!" Bob looked back at the two teens, one for them waved and the other ignored the man for a second before giving him a fake smile and a wave. "Okay, not too much, Barbie." Ever slightly shoved her sister who rolled her eyes.

"I didn't hear him." Laurie shoved her back and Ever laughed, shoving her sister harder until they both ended up shoving each other around in the shop. They only stop when they hear a familiar word coming from the pharmacist.

"Pinciotti, Donna. Ortho-novum."

"Ortho-what?" Bob frowned and with a fist full of her sister's hair, Laurie spoke up. "It's the pill." She looked over at Ever who tried her best not to laugh when Eric ran out of the store, Bob on his trail.

"That boy just stole those tampons!" The pharmacist called but Laurie straightened up and took some money out of her purse and paid for the tampons. "Can we get ice cream now?" Ever asked as Laurie nodded, "After that, we're going home and laughing in Eric's face for about thirty minutes."

"Sounds like a plan I can get behind."