chapter forty nine. pregnant

Season One | Episode Seventeen
THE PILL
ERIC AND EVER FOREMAN'S BASEMENT

Ever lays comfortably on the couch in their basement, Jackie straddling her stomach with a smile on her face as she put about a dozen stickers on Ever's face, the girl beneath her didn't seem to mind as she sipped on her Pepsi. 

Jackie got there about an hour earlier and spent ten minutes begging Ever to let her put stickers on her face, she couldn't fight Jackie off for too long and that was how they ended up in their current situation. 

"I like your face." Jackie poked the girl's cheek and she smiled, letting Jackie brush her black hair out of her face. She couldn't stop looking at the girl that was sitting on top of her. She had turned on a movie when Jackie got there but neither of them paid any attention to it. 

"You just need to get rid of this, blonde is totally in right now." Jackie spoke excitedly, her words only creating a bigger smile on Ever's lips. 

"Are blondes really in or are you just into blondes?" She teased, poking the girl's stomach as giggles escape her lips. She tries to push Ever away but the poking turns to tickling and her giggles turn to laughs and when Ever stops the rolls are reversed and now, she's on top of an out of breath Jackie. 

"Wanna wash the dye out of my hair." She hovered over Jackie, her hair enclosing the two, hanging low as it blends in with Jackie's. 

"Really?" Jackie didn't believe what she was hearing, she couldn't remember the last time she had seen Ever Forman with a head of blonde hair but not even an hour later the two were back on the couch, Ever's blonde hair soaking wet as she drinks her third can of Pepsi. 

"Jackie?! Who said you could bring your strange blonde buddies here?" Eric asked as he walked down the steps, Ever rolled her eyes as she turned over to face her older brother. 

"Oh my God! Mom!" He screams when his mother runs down, frying pan in one hand, clearly prepared to kill someone. 

"Oh my God, my baby!" Kitty squealed, dropping the pan as she rushed over to the couch, pulling Ever up and into a hug. 

"My beautiful blonde baby!" She kissed the girl's face about a million times as Ever tried to hide away a smile.

"You have to show your father when he gets back from work, I'm gonna get the camera." And with that she's back up the stairs.

"Did you tell her yet?"  Eric looked from Ever to Jackie, he was talking to Jackie, which was slightly rare for the two of them. Jackie shook her head, "I can't tell her now. Your mom is on her way back." Jackie's words were barely cold when Kitty walked in with a camera the size of her head. She ran up to the two girls, Eric watching as his mother told the two girls to move close to one another. 

"I don't think I need to be in the picture," Jackie wrapped a hand around her body as Kitty shook her head, "Don't be silly, I know this is your work." Kitty held up the camera and Ever pulls her friend near, he fingers brushing Jackie's skin underneath her sweater, something that Kitty didn't see. 

"Say cheese and peperoni!" The girls repeated after Kitty, two large smiles on their faces as Eric rolls his eyes. 

The camera snaps the picture and the girls pull away, Ever glaring at her brother as he fakes a gag. "He's just jealous of how pretty your hair is." Kitty left and Eric looked over at Jackie.

"I'll give you two a minute." He headed up the steps after his mother and as soon as they were gone, Jackie tackled Ever in a hug as she whispered into the girl's ear, "I'm pregnant."