chapter forty six. picnic

Season One | Episode Sixteen
FIRST DATE
POINT PLACE, WISCONSIN
FEBRUARY 13th, 1977
SUNDAY AFTERNOON
ERIC AND EVER FOREMAN'S BASEMENT

Ever tugs off her winter coat as she makes her way to her house with Fez, Hyde and Kelso. The weather had gotten a little chilly so she couldn't remember the last time she wore a skirt, it was like she was in a nunery.

"The second it gets hot again, I will become the biggest slut ever." She walked through the door of the basement, finds her brother and Donna on the floor.

"Like them?" Hyde rolls his eyes. "Worse."

"With who?" Fez asks as he sits down next to Ever. She moves closer to him to steal his warmth.

"Jesus." She rests her head on the back of the couch as the boys watch some cartoons before Donna gets up.

"I'm gonna go home." She walks to the door and Ever gets up

"I'll join." She buttoned up her coat again.

"I'll see you in the library?" Hyde asked, looking past Ever, at Donna.

"Yeah," she walked out and Eric tried to follow, saying something about walking them to Donna's.

"She lives next door, we won't get lost." Ever held her foot out to keep them apart. Eric pulls on it, pushing her towards Kelso. She falls with her back onto his lap and Eric laughs and walks out with Donna.

"Men are the root of all evil." Ever snapped her fingers in front of Kelso who hadn't even noticed her.

"I believe that's money." Hyde corrects.

"If you remove a few letters from money and rearrange them it's men."

"You love money though and hate men." Fez speaks up.

"Because she's a feminist." Hyde says, getting a kick from the girl with the odd hair.

"Misandrists hate men, rightfully so." She kicks him again just because she likes it.

"Men are trash." Fez leans forward in his seat, "That's not true." Ever argue, sitting down on the end of the couch.

"You're not trash." She pats his foot with her own before Jackie and Eric wall through the door and Jackie takes a seat between Ever and Kelso while Eric sits down on Ever's lap. She fights the urge to push him to the ground.

"So, Eric, what were you and Donna talking about all hot and heavy?" Jackie couldn't hide the curiosity in her voice.

"Your hair." Eric couldn't hide the sarcasm in his.

"Really?" Jackie chirped. "No."

"We were talking about going out tomorrow." Eric brags, his head on the arm of the chair.

"You're so into each other, I'm actually sick to my stomach." Ever pushes him to the ground and leans forward to talk to Jackie.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" She asks.

"We're gonna do it." Kelso answers before she can.

"Ah, cool. Hyde, Fez and I are going on a picnic." Ever leans back and looks over to Hyde.

"That's so cute! Can we go?" Jackie cheers as Eric helps himself off the ground.

"Of course, I'll give you a lift and the boys can ride together. How does that sound?"

"Perfect."