19 - It would look a little weird if my girlfriend didn't come as my date.

For a straight week and a half, all we've been doing is having dinner or strolling around the downtown district with the cute little shops or having lazy make-out sessions at Asher's house

Nothing has gone any further than that, which I am both grateful for and, I don't know. Frustrated with? I'm still working it all out.

When we go downtown everything I glance at Asher buys me. I beg him not to, but he does, mainly when I'm not looking.

He's got too much money to know what to do with and he's deciding to spend it all on his fake girlfriend. When this is all over and we "break up" he's gonna regret buying me all this stuff.

The only thing I actually almost cried when he got me was when we went to the bookstore. Every book I showed interest in he bought me. I had a ton the next day.

He went back after he dropped me off at home and bought all of them. I couldn't stop smiling, it was the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me. I showered him with kisses and also cursed at him through my smiling face for doing such a sweet thing.

Right now it's Wednesday. I'm sitting in the library, alone might I add, because Asher had to stay in class and make up a test. But, it's fine. At least now I'll catch up on some reading, he usually just distracts me anyway.

I relax, pull out my book, and open it. But then I find a note fluttering to the table. Great, what now? I sigh, look around, then pick it up.

Hey love :) Meet me outside the exit in the auditorium, I'll be waiting. I have to ask you something.
P.S.- Can I borrow this book some time? When I was leaving this note I got interested

I smile to myself. He's such an idiot. But, he's my idiot. Well, not my idiot. Aside from that, I wonder what he's got to ask me. I feel like all he's done is have to talk to me. Well, I'll find out soon, I guess.

****************

I push open the exit door and immediately the sun blinds me momentarily. But when my sight does return, I see Asher leaning against his car with a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

Carnations. My favorite flower.

He remembered, how did he remember? They're candy cane carnations, and they're so pretty.

His head snaps up and his lips turn into a wide grin when he sees me. "Hi, beautiful," he says cheekily, walking over and kissing me on the cheek.

Beautiful. I can feel my sanity going away as I feel his closeness against me.

"These are for you." He hands me the flowers. I take them in my hands and look down at them smiling. I can't meet his eyes, though.

"Carnations," is all I manage to say.

He smiles. "Yeah, I thought you said they're your favorite."

What is this feeling? I don't know if I've ever felt it before. "Yeah, they are." I blush. "What, um, what did you need to ask me?"