14 - No one will ever hurt you again

I close the door and walk over to the mirror

I close the door and walk over to the mirror. So that I could be alone, I told Asher I needed to use the bathroom. Finally, after a long night, I can just be alone. Granted, it is in Asher's bathroom, so, somewhat alone.

I look in the mirror and wince at myself. I look like a maniac. My mascara is all down my face, my lipstick smeared. My hair is a mess and my eyes look puffy and bloodshot from all the crying.

Great.

Everyone saw me like this. Asher saw me like this. I plop my face into my hands and groan.

What a fucking disastrous night. And now I have to face Asher. At least I'm calmer now. But still, he saw me lose it.

I walk backward and sit down on the floor, leaning against the wall. I'm grateful that Asher gave me a place to stay, but it's just awkward. Maybe if I just stay in here for a little while, Asher will get the message and leave me alone.

A knock comes on the door and I snap my head up. Fuck.

"Allie, are you alright? Can I come in?" His sweet voice comes from outside the door.

I don't answer, I hesitate.

"Yeah, okay, I'm coming in." The door opens, and I see him looking down at me. "Hey," I say, embarrassed. "Hi," he sighs, sitting down across from me. It stays quiet for a minute.

"I guess you want to know what happened, huh." I look down, fidgeting with my fingers.

He shrugs his shoulders. "You can tell me if you want to."

I smile a little. I know he's trying to be calm so that I will stay calm. My smile fades as I consider what to do.

"If I tell you, how do I know that you won't l-" The words leave me are on the tip of my tongue. But I can't say that. No way. "How do I know you won't tell everyone?" I correct myself, tears stinging my eyes as I avoid eye contact.

"You don't. You're just going to have to trust me."

I meet his eyes. He's sincere. But maybe he isn't, I don't know. Anyone can lie and make it look real. "How do I know you won't think I'm disgusting," I say, looking back down.

"Because I could never think you're disgusting."

I smile softly. "I've only known you for like a week," I chuckle lightly.

"Well," he takes in a breath. "I don't think time matters as much as the person you're talking to."

Maybe I am stupid. Or maybe I'm just gullible. Or maybe even I'm just tired of keeping this in. Of lying to everyone. But something in me says I should trust him. Yeah, I don't know him that well. But I feel like I do. What more could I lose?

"I have never told anyone this before. Not my friends, not my dad, no one. I've never even said it out loud before. So you can't tell anyone," I say, my voice wavering. "Please."