16 - You have a brother?!

I feel a warm beam of light hit my face and I blink my eyes open slowly

I feel a warm beam of light hit my face and I blink my eyes open slowly. I look around to see it streaming through the window in Asher's room. So that must mean I slept over here again. Great.

I look over to see Asher asleep still, his features soft. I just now notice how long his eyelashes are. His hair looks so soft and without thinking I reach over and run my fingers through it.

It doesn't just look soft, it is soft.

I smile a little as I keep petting his hair. It's just now that I notice that we're holding hands too. As I look at our hands curiously, Asher wakes up.

"Hi," he smiles lazily, his eyes still closed. "Hi," I say back.

I pull my hand away from his hair realizing I'm still feeling it. My cheeks feel flushed warm with embarrassment. His eyes shoot open.

"Please don't stop, it feels so good," he says in his morning voice.

My heart stops for a second. "O-okay."

Stupid men with their stupid morning voices, so stupid.

He smiles triumphantly and without warning lays his head on my chest. After a second of shock, I continue to run my fingers through his hair. I just hope he can't hear my pounding heart through my chest.

Our hands are still connected, though.

"Why are we holding hands?" I ask suspiciously.

I feel his smirk against my chest. "I don't know, after you fell asleep last night you grabbed my hand, so I just didn't let go."

I scoff. "I highly doubt that I grabbed your hand."

"Don't know what to tell you, love, that's what happened."

But our hands still don't move apart. I like the feeling of his hands. And his hair. And just, him. Laying on me. I can't explain the feeling.

So, of course, I get freaked out. I can't explain why I feel so good about being here with him. "Um, could I go get a glass of water?"

"Mhm," he mumbles. As soon as the little hum leaves his mouth I get up and make my way downstairs.

The house is empty as I walk to the kitchen. I guess his parents are at work. It's sunny outside, I can see from the windows.

I can't believe I let myself fall asleep over here. Again. But, I didn't have any nightmares. The second night in a row I've slept well. Huh, weird.

I walk up to the sleek cabinets in his kitchen and take out a glass cup. I turn around and start walking but then I run into something hard. Or, someone.

I gasp and look up to meet an unfamiliar pair of eyes. This definitely isn't Asher. In fact, I have no idea who it is.

A boy stands in front of me. He looks similar to Asher and his parents. He has bright blue eyes and messy curly hair. He looks about the same age as Asher and I.