2 - if we're meant to be, we'll see each other again

"What are you, a fucking idiot?!" Matt screams from behind his desk

I roll my eyes. "It's not even that big of a deal, I barely did anything."

"You flipped off a dozen people with cameras, not to mention half of those people were connected to the papers!"

I snicker and look down, but when I look back up he doesn't even look remotely happy.

"Do you even realize how bad this is for you? How bad this is for me?" He says slowly, standing up.

"Does it even matter? I'm off tour, people will forget in, like, a day."

"Yes, it does matter, dumbfuck. People won't forget in a day, they might for anyone else, but they won't for you."

"Why?"

"Because you're young! You're young and desirable and the last thing a bunch of teen girls want to see is their idol being a douche. That right there, will make you less desirable, which will get you less fans."

I cross my arms and glare at his dumbass face. "I thought this was about my music? If I wanted people to want to sleep with me I would have gotten into the porn making industry."

"Shut up! Just-" he grumbles and rubs his forehead sitting back down. I smile to myself and try my hardest not to laugh. "Just get out. Get out, go somewhere, anywhere just leave for a couple of hours so I don't put your head through a wall!"

I smile and put my hands up in surrender as I back out of his office. "Geez, sorry. I'll go, I'll go," I sigh.

Thank goodness, I thought he'd never kick me out. I grab my jacket and walk out of my house. Who's idea was it to get my manager an office in our new house, I mean seriously.

I get in my car and start driving, even though I don't even know where I'm going. I've been here for a little while and I know my way around sort of, but just barely.

I know for sure there's a bookstore in town, so that sounds pretty alright, I guess. Even though I don't need a book right now, I've got plenty.

Finally, after missing the turn about five times, I'm able to actually park and go in. It's rainy outside, great.

I walk in and the bell chimes, causing the guy behind the counter to snap his head up and look at me. I've been here a couple of times since I've been in Calloway and every time I come in here I see him behind the counter.

He introduced himself as Jensen Waters the first day I walked in. He was all smiles and very enthusiastic while asking if I needed help finding anything.

"Hey, Asher," he smiles. I nod my head awkwardly. "Hey Jensen." He's really enthusiastic.

I walk pointedly to the horror section trying to avoid any further conversation between us, (thank goodness it works). There's not many people in here today, but I don't mind at all.