7 - It seems that we've gotten ourselves into a little predicament

I told her to meet me outside of the auditorium exit

I told her to meet me outside of the auditorium exit. I tried so hard to be as civil as I could but I was getting pretty ansty with the whole situation and she wasn't helping with her quippy little remarks.

But, in all fairness, the situation I led her to was a little weird, and creepy. So, can't blame her that much.

So, here I am, leaning against my car outside of the auditorium, waiting on Allie, when my phone rings from my pocket. I pull it out and Matt's contact glows on my screen.

Great. Fucking perfect.

Relentlessly I click answer, though. "Is she coming?" He snaps before I even have time to answer the phone.

I close my eyes. "Yes, but I'm taking her to the beach to talk first. She already knows me, let me lay the plan out before you throw money in her face to accept this," I snarl.

"You better make this work Asher."

I sigh. "I'm aware, Matt. You've already told me all the ways you'll kill me if I don't. Wouldn't want to upset the devil himself, now would I?"

"You little-"

The exit door suddenly opens and Allie's pretty face appears. I feel my bones relax instantly when I see her and almost don't even realize that from the other side of the line Matt is absolutely losing his mind.

"Sorry, gotta call you back," I mutter before hanging up and turning around to her.

"You okay?" She asks softly, her voice so caring.

I nod. "Y-yeah. Course, ready to go?" I open the passenger door for her. She looks at me a little suspiciously before nodding and climbing in. I close it behind her.

"Don't screw this up, Asher," I mutter to myself before climbing in on my side, too.

"Okay, so, what did you need to talk to me about?" She asks nervously. I start the car and put my arm behind her seat, looking back as I pull out. "Not here," I mutter.

She takes in an irritated breath. "Okay, well, if we can't talk in the library and we can't talk in your own car, where can we talk?"

I pull onto the road with one hand on the wheel, keeping my eyes steady. I shrug and glance over at her, a slight grin on my lips. "I know a place."

"Where are we going, your house?"

I tense a little. "No, my, uh, my manager's there right now."

She sits back in her seat and looks out the window. "Was that who you were on the phone with?" She asks.

"You sure are interested in my life for someone who seems so irritated with me," I smirk, glancing at her.

Her eyes drop. "I think I have a right to be a little irritated, you drug me out here, after all. No explanation, nothing, just-"