Chapter 29

Aayansh's POV

I had already arrived at the party with Radhi. As soon as we entered the party hall, we saw Ronit, who waved us over and invited us to join him.

Initially, I was planning to go to the other side with Sarthak, but Radhi grabbed my hand and led me towards Ronit.

When we reached Ronit, he welcomed us with a compliment, saying, "So, finally, you two have graced this dull and boring party to light it up."

I responded with a small smile.

Then, as usual, Ronit started his chatter.

To rescue me from the boredom, my friend Sarthak arrived. As Sarthak approached, we greeted each other with friendly hugs.

Soon, Sarthak and I began to enjoy each other's company. In the midst of it all, while sipping his soft drink, Sarthak suddenly remarked, "What's up with Radhi today? She's actually listening to Ronit's nonsense. Very unusual."

"She's been acting unusual since morning," I replied to Sarthak.

"Why did your cold wife suddenly become a romantic wife today?" Sarthak casually asked as he continued to drink.

Surprised by his observation, I asked Sarthak, "How did you know?"

Upon hearing me, Sarthak inexplicably chokes up. I swiftly request water from the waiter, but he hesitates to comply.

Seeing his reluctance, I too refrain from insisting on getting water.

Sarthak then asks me with a hint of doubt, "Are you sure?"

I reassured him with a nod.

Sarthak calls over a passing waiter who is carrying trays of drinks. Handing me a drink, he says, "Here, take this; you'll need it."

At first, I was refusing, but when I caught Radhi's gaze, something clicked in my mind, and suddenly, a brilliant idea dawned on me.

As I take the drink from Sarthak's hand, I notice Radhi separating herself from her group and heading towards me.

"Seems like the plan worked? Now she'll definitely stop me," I think to myself.

Seeing her approach, I simply pretend not to have noticed her and am about to bring the drink to my lips when Radhi reaches out and grabs my hand.

"I knew you'd do this," I think to myself with satisfaction, but I don't let it show on my face.

I was just waiting for Radhi to start scolding me. Then Radhi says, "Ayan, don't drink it."

Her words bring a sense of relief to my ears because, ever since then, I've been afraid of diabetes due to Radhi's sweet nature.

With Radhi taking the drink from my hand and handing it to the waiter, saying something to him, I couldn't hear as she was standing far away from me.

After a while, I see Radhi returning to me, but I feel a bit confused because she's carrying a drink with her.

Quickly making her way to me, Radhi hands me the drink and says, "Drink this; it's better."

Taking the drink from her hand, I can't help but feel perplexed as I inquire, "But moments ago, you were the one telling me not to drink."

"Yeah, so consider this an exception for today," Radhi says, flashing him a sweet smile before walking away.

I, still a bit puzzled by Radhi's actions as they seemed a bit unusual to me, am interrupted by Sarthak, who remarks, "Dude, this is a big problem."

"Yeah, it's a huge one," I reply, acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

With that, I place the drink on the corner table.

Radhi's POV

As soon as we arrived at the party, Ronit called us over to join him. Upon Ronit's invitation, we headed towards him.

When Sarthak arrived, Aayansh immediately went over to him, and they both went off to another corner.

One good thing about this trip was the friendship between Aayansh and Sarthak. Initially, I was worried that Aayansh might get bored coming along with me on this trip, so I hesitated to invite him. But seeing him enjoy Sarthak made me happy.

"When should I end this party?" Ronit interjects, breaking into my thoughts.

Caught off guard by Ronit's sudden question, I snap back to reality and say, "Toh kya keh rahe the tum?"

(Um, what were you saying?)

"Let's get started then," Ronit prompts me.

"No, no, not yet. She hasn't arrived yet-the one we're waiting for," I say, stopping Ronit.

"Okay then, I'll go check once," Ronit says, heading off.

Once Ronit leaves, my attention shifts back to Aayansh.

Suddenly, I notice Sarthak handing Aayansh a drink, and Aayansh accepts it.

As soon as I see Aayansh taking the drink, I don't hesitate and immediately make my way over to him.

As soon as I reached Aayansh, I immediately took the drink from Aayansh's hand that he was about to sip with his lips.

"One minute, Ayan, don't drink this," I said, taking the drink from Aayansh's hand.

After taking the drink, I looked around, and as soon as I spotted a waiter nearby, I quickly went to him and handed him the drink meant for Aayansh, asking him to bring another one.

The waiter wasted no time and swiftly brought me a replacement drink.

Taking the new drink from the waiter, I returned to Aayansh. Handing him the fresh drink, I said, "Have this one; it's better."

That's when Aayansh asks me a question: "But moments ago, you were the one telling me not to drink."

"Yes, I did say that, but consider this as an exception," I say, leaving Aayansh and Sarthak alone with that statement.

By the time I returned, Ronit had also arrived. I turned around once to glance at Aayansh.

Aayansh had left the drink untouched. Seeing this, a smile forms on my lips.

I knew he wouldn't drink it, but even if he did, there wouldn't have been a problem because I had replaced the drink with a soft drink, and Aayansh didn't even notice, simply placing the glass aside.

I return with a smile, feeling pleased as I approach Ronit. With a slightly serious tone, I inquire, "So, how many minutes until she arrives?"

"I just arrived at the party area, about to enter, Ronit replies, answering her with anticipation.

"Okay, let's get started," I said to Ronit, and he understood my gesture as we began to head together.