Chapter 26

Aayansh's POV

When I wake up in the morning, a pounding headache assaults me, accompanied by a sense of dread. The pain is so intense that I instinctively grab my head, sitting up on the edge of the bed.

"Ugh, what's this agony?" I mutter to myself, wondering if I overindulged last night.

I can't help but doubt myself, questioning whether I should have had that much to drink. Despite knowing my potential, the throbbing ache in my head tells a different story.

Suddenly, the bathroom door creaks open, and Radhi emerges, wrapped in a bathrobe.

I greet her with a cheerful "Good morning," but she doesn't respond, her demeanor distant and cool.

As Radhi picks up my shirt from the floor and hands it to me, I'm too preoccupied with trying to piece together the events of last night to notice her actions.

"Take this hangover medicine," Radhi says, pulling out a pill from her handbag and handing it to me.

"Hangover medicine?" I inquire, feeling a pang of guilt as her tone drips with sarcasm.

Her words sting, and I can't shake off the shame of not remembering what transpired. 

"I'll be more careful next time," I apologize, feeling the weight of my actions sink in.

But Radhi's response was, "Next time? After what you did yesterday, I won't let you drink alcohol again," sends a chill down my spine.

I can't help but dwell on her mention of "yesterday's actions." 

What did I do yesterday?

Her disappointment is palpable as she realizes I don't recall anything. I feel like a fool for not remembering and for not being able to live up to her expectations.

As she distances herself, I reach out, desperate for answers.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask, hoping for clarity amidst the confusion.

Her response is curt, filled with hurt and exhaustion.

"No," she replies before retreating to the balcony, leaving me to grapple with my fragmented memories and the weight of her disappointment.

With no choice but to face the day, I resolve to shower, get ready, and join the others for breakfast. 

The prospect of a day at the beach should be exciting, but all I can think about is the rift between Radhi and me, fueled by my own forgetfulness and recklessness.

Author's POV 

Everyone gathers downstairs to have breakfast at the buffet. Down there, everyone sits with their respective groups of friends.

 (Radhi's look) 

 (Radhi's look)

Radhi and Aayansh arrive together at the buffet area, where they spot Shivi and her husband, Sarthak Parihar.

Aayansh and Sarthak had become friends during this journey. Despite the short time, they had developed a strong bond.

Shivi, Sarthak, Radhi, and Aayansh decide to choose the same table. Although it was meant for six people, seeing as there are no other available tables, they find it appropriate to sit there.

Aayansh and Sarthak bring back the food according to Radhi and Shivi's preferences while their husbands go to fetch their meals.

Radhi notices that Shivi has been staring at her for quite some time, which feels a bit odd to her. She decides to ask, "Why are you staring at me?"

"Radhi, you seem a bit different today." Shivi tries to read Radhi's expression.

"Different? How so?" Radhi asks, puzzled.

"It's hard to put my finger on it, but something feels off." Shivi struggles to articulate her observation.

"What do you mean?" Sarthak approaches from behind, joining the conversation.

Aayansh and Sarthak place the food on the table and take their seats.

"Baby, tell me, doesn't Radhi seem different today?" Shivi asks Sarthak.

Before Sarthak can respond, Shivi, interpreting his expression, says, "I'm also asking someone whose observation skills are terrible, except for his work."

Shivi now turns to Aayansh, asking him, "Aayansh, what do you think?"

Aayansh, hearing Shivi's question, responds, "Yeah, maybe because Radhi is wearing kajal today, which she normally doesn't, she usually only wears mascara."

Radhi, engrossed in her phone, initially disregards Shivi's casual remarks. However, as soon as Aayansh responds, her attention shifts, and she looks up at him with a flicker of interest.

"Radhi, you've fallen for Aayansh's charm again. It's just his nature, and you interpret it as special treatment" A smile briefly graces Radhi's lips before fading away.

Ignoring him, Radhi calls out to Ronit, who was looking for a seat for himself. Despite the tension in the air, her voice carries a hint of warmth and inclusion.

Ronit, who was looking for an empty table to sit at and eat, walks over to Radhi upon her call, his expression hopeful yet cautious.

"Oh, Radhi! I'm glad you called me. Can I sit?" Ronit asks, his tone reflecting a blend of eagerness and uncertainty. 

"What's this? You didn't even bother asking us," Shivi suddenly interjects, her tone slightly reproachful, catching Ronit off guard.

Surprised by Shivi's sudden question, Ronit apologizes, "Oh, sorry, ma'am, I forgot about you. Let me ask now. Shivi ma'am, may I sit here?" His tone is apologetic and sincere, reflecting his realization of the oversight.

"No," Aayansh and Sarthak both say simultaneously, their voices firm and united in their decision.

Aayansh, who had been giving off a vibe of rivalry towards Ronit from the start, didn't like the fact that Radhi invited Ronit into their group.

"You don't need to listen to them; just sit," Radhi tells Ronit, her voice gentle yet firm, as she gestures for him to take a seat. 

Her tone conveys warmth and inclusivity, contrasting with the tension in the air.

Ronit, already tired from standing, decides not to delay any further and takes a seat, his relief evident in his posture and expression. 

Despite the initial resistance, he appreciates Radhi's invitation.

"You? Who are you?" Ronit, who had only been looking at Radhi and Shivi until now, turns to Aayansh and asks, his tone tinged with curiosity and a hint of assertiveness.

"Radhi's husband is Aayansh Singh Rajput," Aayansh introduces himself, perhaps with a touch of pride.

"Oh, so you're the poor guy," Ronit jokes, his tone teasing as he glances at Aayansh.

"Sorry, I don't understand," Aayansh replies, his confusion evident in his voice.

"You're Radhi's husband, right?" Ronit clarifies, his tone light but curious.

"I don't think there's anything unlucky like that. I believe I'm lucky to have Radhi as a wife," Aayansh responds, his voice sincere and filled with affection.

"I hope your belief stays strong," Ronit jokes, his words carrying a hint of amusement.

Radhi, sensing Ronit's teasing, intervenes with a stern tone, "It seems you don't like it when I talk to you nicely," her frustration apparent in her voice.

Ronit, realizing he may have crossed a line, quickly tries to backtrack: "I was just joking," his tone apologetic.

Everyone was engrossed in their conversation when Amaya joined them, her voice bright and cheerful.

"Oh, hello! Don't you think you should ask before taking a seat here?" Shivi remarks, her tone slightly reproachful, as she notices Amaya taking the last seat.

Amaya's smile is warm as she replies, "Oh, Shivi, we're all friends here. Since when do we need to ask each other to sit?" her voice radiating friendliness.

"Really! I'm just realizing that today," Shivi retorts, a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Oh, guys, please, enough of this. We're here for breakfast; let's focus on that," Radhi interrupts, her voice firm with a tinge of exasperation.

As they wait for the waiter to take their order, Radhi feels hot and removes her shrug, her action indicating discomfort.

"Radhi, do you have an allergy?" Ronit asks, his concern evident in his voice as he notices her exposed neck and shoulders.

"Allergy?" Radhi looks confused, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"Yeah, allergy! On your neck and shoulders," Ronit explains, his tone gentle but curious.

Radhi ponders, "What allergy is Ronit talking about? I don't remember having an allergy except for eggs, and I don't eat eggs," her voice reflecting her confusion.

Shivi, hearing the word 'allergy,' looks at Radhi's shoulder and neck area, realizing something. She gently nudges Radhi and tries to discreetly tell her to put her shrug back on, her voice conveying urgency and concern.

But Radhi doesn't catch the hint and asks, "Shivi, what's wrong?" her voice reflecting her confusion.

Meanwhile, Amaya bursts into laughter and exclaims, "Ronit, you're such a fool!" Her laughter was infectious, and her tone was teasing.

"What happened now?" Sarthak asks Amaya, his tone curious and amusing.

"Maybe she's suffering from the 'being crazy' syndrome," Aayansh remarks, his tone playful as he joins in the banter.

"What do you mean?" Ronit retorts to Amaya, his tone playful but defensive.

Amaya, now controlling her laughter, looks at Radhi, then at Aayansh, and finally at Ronit, "Bro, I get it now; why are you still single?" her tone was teasing and lighthearted.

"What do you mean?" Ronit asks, his tone tinged with confusion and a hint of offense.

"Well, if you have a love bite allergy, then that's my explanation" Amaya jokes and bursts into laughter again, her tone filled with amusement.

As soon as Radhi hears about the love bite, she remembers everything and quickly puts her shrug back on without wasting any time, her voice reflecting a mix of embarrassment and urgency.

Aayansh's attention immediately goes to Radhi's neck and shoulder area, and he feels a sudden shock, his voice filled with surprise and concern.

Radhi, in her futile attempt to bury the uncomfortable truth, retorts, "You're just speaking whatever comes to your mind."

"Come on, Radhi, there's nothing to hide in that! Besides, you two are husband and wife, so these things are common," Amaya reassures Radhi, sensing her embarrassment.

"Well, Amaya, you do say nice things sometimes. Until now, I thought you considered Radhi your rival," Ronit remarks, observing Amaya's reaction to Radhi's discomfort.

"I know you all think that way, but it's not true. I tease Radhi because I enjoy it, but not with the intention to hurt anyone," Amaya explains, her voice tinged with sincerity and a hint of vulnerability.

"I think she is possessed," Shivi says, her surprise evident as she looks at Amaya, her eyes wide with concern.

"I feel the same way," Ronit adds, equally astonished by Amaya's words, his brows furrowed in worry.

"It's a good thing everyone's attention shifted from the love bite matter; otherwise, they would have bombarded me with questions," Radhi mutters to herself, her tone filled with relief and gratitude yet tinged with underlying apprehension.

However, Radhi forgets that Aayansh is preoccupied with his own internal battles.

His mind is swirling with unanswered questions, and his expression is clouded with turmoil and self-doubt.

"How could I do this? What must Radhi be thinking of me now? I have made a huge mistake" ,Aayansh's inner turmoil echoes in his thoughts, his gaze flickering between Radhi and his own troubled conscience.

Both of them are grappling with numerous dilemmas, their emotions swirling like a tempest within.

Meanwhile, the waiter arrives with their orders. 

Sarthak, upon seeing the food, exclaims, "Oh, the food's here?" His eyes were alight with anticipation and hunger.

"I had almost forgotten," Shivi admits, her tone laced with relief and hunger and her eyes brightening at the sight of the food.

"Me too," Ronit agrees, his voice filled with eagerness and hunger, his attention fully captured by the spread before them.

Everyone starts devouring their food without any further delay, their emotions ranging from relief to hunger to underlying tension, each bite a fleeting moment of respite in the midst of their turmoil.

They all seem to be relishing their meal, with one person appearing particularly famished, as if they were starving, their hunger serving as a stark contrast to the emotional turbulence that surrounds them.

Radhi's POV

As we sat down for breakfast, my gaze fixated on the girl from the party last night. It wasn't surprising to see her, but witnessing her with someone else stirred up a whirlwind of emotions within me.

"Why is she with him? What's going on?" I muttered, feeling a mixture of confusion and concern.

As I watched them, I noticed they were about to leave.

"I can't let them go like this," I thought, my mind racing with possibilities.

With determination, I excused myself under the pretext of using the restroom and swiftly left my seat, trailing behind them, my curiosity driving me forward.

Following them, we ended up at the backside of the restaurant. But they were nowhere in sight, disappearing into the shadows as they moved around, making it difficult for me to keep up.

Suddenly, a man's harsh voice shattered the silence, accusing and angry, "Can't you even manage such a simple task? You're utterly useless!"

What do you think who is the guy that Radhi saw with the girl from the party that night?

Insta : author_radhi

That's All ✨
To Be Continue ✒️
Thank you so much for reading.
Do vote , follow and comment 😊