Chapter 24

As Radhi was about to descend the stairs of the stage, her foot suddenly slipped, causing her to stumble and nearly fall. Out of fear, she closed her eyes. However, just in time, someone grabbed her shoulder, and when Radhi felt that she hadn't fallen, she opened her eyes to see that someone had saved her by holding her shoulder.

Radhi was about to express her gratitude for being saved when she looked at the face of the person in front of her and quickly withdrew her hand from their shoulder, saying, "Aagli baar tumhari madad lene ke bajaye mai girna pasand krungi." With these words, Radhi was about to leave when the person grabbed her hand.

(Next time, instead of your help, I would prefer falling.)

"After so many years, we finally meet, and you won't even talk to me?" the person said, approaching Radhi.

"It seems like you've forgotten what you did to me," Radhi said, looking into the person's eyes with sarcasm.

Even after hearing this, the person didn't seem remorseful, not letting go of her hand and saying, "Oh, you're still stuck on those old matters. It's been so many years, but you haven't changed; you still won't talk nicely to me."

"And you still haven't improved," Radhi replied with a tinge of frustration and disappointment.

"If you change, I'll definitely change," the person said, attempting to sound reassuring.

Radhi then hit the person's leg with her heel, saying, "I hope you improve after this. Pratik."

Pratik winced in pain and let go of her hand abruptly, feeling discomfort.

As Radhi started to walk away, she turned back once and warned, "Be careful next time because last time, you got away lightly due to not being recognized, but if you don't mend your ways this time, I won't hesitate to take serious action."

Having said her piece, Radhi continued on her path. Pratik could only watch her leave, feeling a sense of unease and uncertainty.

Pratik Mishra, watching Radhi depart, muttered to himself, "No problem, this time I'll plan better," with a sarcastic smile, masking his true feelings of frustration and determination.

Aayansh's POV

I was standing a bit away from the party area, in the midst of a conversation with Sudip, my personal assistant, over the phone.

"Okay, sir, I understand." Sudip's voice came through from the other end of the call.

"That's good, then. Next time, send me data messages from time to time instead of calling me," I remarked, caught off guard by Sudip's call.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted from behind: "What data are you talking about?"

I recognized the voice instantly; I was not mistaking it. Without a pause, I turned to see who it was, eager to put a face to the familiar sound.

Author's POV

As Radhi scanned the party for Aayansh, she noticed him still engrossed in his phone, even as she ventured a bit outside the lively area.

Her mind raced with questions: "Who could he be talking to for so long? And what could be holding his attention for this extended period? He's never devoted this much time to me in conversation, let alone with someone else," she mused, a twinge of jealousy creeping in.

Brushing aside her feelings, she reassured herself, "Let it go. He's entitled to talk to whomever he pleases. It's his life, after all."

Yet her curiosity persisted: "But he's my partner. Don't I have the right to know who's monopolizing his time? Who could possibly be keeping him engaged for so long?"