" As if you didn't" Jungkook said back, his voice was raising. He looked directly into Taehyung's eyes.

'I know! But I am sorry!' Taehyung said, 'Can I bring back time? No! So please...please, can we do something about it instead of blaming eachother?'

"You don't love me,"Jungkook said, playing with the end of his sweater.

"I do," Taehyung said, "What do you want me to do to prove it?"

Jungkook felt a sudden surge of anger at Taehyung's question. "Your actions should have been proof," he said, he don't know why he was getting so many mood swings.

Taehyung looked straight into Jungkook's eyes. "Jungkook,' he said, his voice was really soft, 'I know, I d-did really bad before but I still love you."

Jungkook's heart constricted at Taehyung's words. He knew that Taehyung wasn't lying, that he truly loved him with all his heart. But he couldn't bring himself to believe it, not after all the pain and hurt he had caused.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, his eyes pleading for forgiveness. Jungkook was speechless as he looked back,

'Jungkook,' Taehyung said again, 'I am sorry. I a-am so s-sorry.' Jungkook had never heard this cracked voice of Taehyung.

And that was all it took for Jungkook to break down in front of his husband. All the anger and hurt he had been holding inside came spilling out as he let himself cry in front of Taehyung.

He can't even describe how he felt,

Taehyung moved forward and immediately hugged Jungkook.

As Jungkook's tears fell onto Taehyung's chest, his grip tightened, his nails digging into Taehyung's skin. "Do y-you kn-now ho-hw bad I felt wh-hen you all left me alone in the house?"

"You kno-ow I'm sc-care-ed of th-he dar-rkn-nes but som-metimes, I h-had to sl-leep al-lone."

Taehyung winced at the pain of Jungkook's nails digging into his skin, but he didn't dare pull away. Instead, he held Jungkook tighter, his own tears mingling with Jungkook's.

"I w-wi-ill do anyth-hing t-to ma-ake it up to y-you," Taehyung paused and broke the hug, he looked straight into the younger man's tear filled doe eyes.

"But plea-ase don-n't die. Yo-Yu have to beat it, please!" His words were barely coherent through his sobs, but the desperation in his voice was clear.

Jungkook's cries grew louder, his whole body shaking as more tears made their way down his cheeks and then into his lap, wetting his trouser drop by drop. "You bas-stard, yo-ou id-diot," he choked out between sobs,

Taehyung reached out and took Jungkook's hand in his own, holding it tightly. "Y-Yes, ye-es I am," he whispered, while crying, "But I'm h-he-ere no-ow, an-ad I'm no-nt go-ging anywh-here. I prom-mise."

After 20 minutes of tears and heartfelt conversation, Jungkook and Taehyung gradually began to compose themselves. They sat up,

Jungkook wiped his tears with the long sleeve of his sweater. His face turning red in the process.

"I have something else to say," Taehyung said and Jungkook's attention driffted from cleaning his tears to looking at Taehyung with his full attention.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice still tinged with the remnants of tears.

Taehyung met his gaze, "Let's date again," he said softly.

Jungkook's eyes widened in disbelief. "What?" he exclaimed, taken aback by Taehyung's unexpected proposal. "Are you in your senses or not?"

Taehyung nodded earnestly. "I am," he said. "At this point, we're both too far away from each other. Even if we get back together it won't magically fix everything. But maybe if we date again, take things slow, we can rebuild what we lost."

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "With two grown-up kids, seriously?" he muttered,

Taehyung reached out and gently placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "What's wrong with that?" he countered softly. "They both would also try their best if they see that we are making an effort."

" I am not so sure about this," Jungkook said, in a tiny voice and then drifted his gaze towards his lap.

" It's completely okay."

Jungkook glanced away and with a deep sigh, he asked Taehyung "Did you ever imagine our life would be like this?" he mused, "So different from what we imagined."

"I wouldn't even call it a family anymore," Taehyung murmured looking at his hands.

Jungkook's eyes suddenly fell on the clock and he realised that it is his medicine time, "It's time for my medicines," he said quietly, breaking the silence that had fallen between them.

Taehyung nodded, "I'll help you," he offered, reaching out to support Jungkook as he rose from the sofa. They made their way to the bed, where Taehyung carefully guided Jungkook to sit down.

"I'll bring them," Taehyung said, his voice gentle as he glanced around the room. "Where are they?"

Jungkook pointed to the cabinet across the room. "In the cabinet over there," he replied,

Taehyung nodded and quickly retrieved the medicines, pouring a glass of water before returning to Jungkook's side. "Here," he said softly, offering the glass and the pills to Jungkook.

Jungkook took the medicines, swallowing them with a sip of water. As he set the glass aside, he turned to Taehyung, "I haven't forgiven you yet," he began, his voice gentle. "Nor do I expect you to forgive me right away. I want us to focus on rebuilding trust between us first."

Taehyung listened intently, nodding in agreement. "I understand," he replied, " That's what I want too."

Jungkook continued,  "For now, I'll continue to hold Hye-joon and Taemin accountable for their actions," he said, as he moved back, resting his head on the soft pillows. "They need to understand the consequences of their choices."

Taehyung nodded. After a moment of quiet contemplation, he spoke again. "You should rest," he said gently,

" Hmmm, could you turn off the lights, I feel sleepy." Jungkook mumbled, closing his eyes.

Taheyung nodded and got up to turn off the lights.

After turning them off he started going outside the room but suddenly he turned back to Jungkook. "And... think about the dating," he added softly, his gaze lingering on Jungkook for a moment before he quietly exited the room, leaving Jungkook to his thoughts.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

So that was all for today's chapter, I hope you enjoyed reading it.

What are your views on it ?

What do you thinl about jungkook's and taehyung's conversation ?

Do you think it was needed ?

What do you think about Taehyung's decision ?

Was it right for it to suggest it ?

Borahae,
Byee.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜