FOSTER MOMMY TROUBLES

Start from the beginning

The traditional way of using the Soul Beasts was to use them like living weapons. Also, the Soul Beasts usually takes after mythical beings that were sacred to the empire. That was the reason why the royal family never thought of changing the Soul Beasts' forms.

The way Neoma used her Soul Beast was unorthodox, but he couldn't say that he didn't like the creativity.

No, he scolded himself. A royal princess shouldn't be stronger than the royal prince.

Kyle voiced out his disapproval of Neoma's unexpected strength. He had to agree with the count. But even though he said that he would get rid of the royal princess if she becomes a threat to Nero's position as the crown prince, he knew that it wasn't going to happen.

Neoma isn't interested in the throne.

And it wasn't like he didn't know why Neoma tried to hide her true ability.

She knows that she's going to get killed if she becomes eligible to inherit the throne.

It was impossible for a girl to become an empress regnant, an empress in her own right, because their current law didn't allow it. But still, he couldn't ignore the saint's vision, especially not when most of his prophecies had already come true in the past.

Still, he couldn't allow Neoma to be stronger and more brilliant than Nero.

Just live a quiet, leisure life, Neoma, Nikolai said to himself, then he went back to his work. You can't outshine Nero or else, you'll end up like Princess Nichole.

But it wasn't like he cared about what happens to Neoma, okay?

***

"AH, this is so good," Neoma said after taking a bite of the double patty cheeseburger that she asked the royal chef to make for her. The burger was paired with crispy fries and a glass of refreshing iced tea. She also taught the royal chef how to make the perfect iced tea because in the empire, cold drinks weren't that famous yet. "Lewis, are you really not going to join me?"

While she was sitting on the picnic blanket under the tree, her son was just standing stiffly beside her.

The servants who prepared her snacks stood a few meters away from them.

Lewis shook his head. "I'm your knight, Princess Neoma."

She knew that he'd say that. But of course, she wasn't going to get tired of asking him to join her. Maybe someday, when she was done with her royal duties, she could have a friendlier relationship with Lewis.

Well, they were friendly with each other. But because of her royal status, her actions were always calculated.

"My precious son?"

Of course, he ignored her.

She rolled her eyes at his stubbornness. "Lewis?"

Only then did he turn to her. "Yes, Princess Neoma?"

"My Papa Boss said that it's likely that the Devil has awakened," she informed him seriously. "He said the Devil might attack me during the banquet."

Lewis looked alarmed by that, then he turned dead serious. "I will protect you, Princess Neoma."

"I know that," she said with a soft laugh. "That's also why I'm practicing with Skewer a lot these days."

She was so busy with her personal training that she barely had time for Hanna and Rubin. Thankfully, Hanna was also busy studying different lessons that a young lady like her should take. On the other hand, she didn't care if she was neglecting Rubin Drayton.