Away From Responsibility

Volterra, Italy
Yn

The cold elegantly furnished room was dimly lit by the fire crackling from the fireplace. The bright orange flames danced in circles casting a warm glow across the red gold trimmed furniture. And across the almost bare brown figure lying on the carpeted floor. Her crimson eyes staring at the flames ahead.

It's been 1 month since she had left Forks.

She felt confused. How did she manage to get into this heart altering situation? Her best friend and teacher had fallen in love with her? It almost seemed like a corny movie plot. He knew she was in love with another, yet he still chose to pursue her. And in the end, he only ended up confusing her and hurting himself.

Yeah.

He was in the wrong. You didn't tell him to feel this way. He only hurt himself like that.

You begin to think about Carlisle.

'Would he look for me?'

Or better yet,

"Is he looking for me, now that he knows I'm alive?"

"Is who looking for you?" A rich voice speaks up from behind you, in an almost annoyed tone.

Nothing. You didn't respond back, opting to stay quiet instead. There happened to be another obstacle observing you at the moment. You weren't mad at him or anything. After all, he's been there comforting you as much as he could. You knew he loved you. He'd do anything for you. That's why you ran to him. Because he understands you most, despite not going through exactly what you went through.

Your eyes slowly drifted to him.

The blonde was sitting on a throne-like red, gold rimmed chair, laid back with his arm across one side while the other was used to prop his head, and his legs were spread wide whilst he held a bored but appreciative expression on his beautifully sculpted face.

"Darling. I understand you don't want to talk, but at least tell me what happened. Are you in any trouble? If someone offended you, tell me."

"It's neither."

"Oh? Then what's wrong with you?"

After contemplating for a moment, you answered the blonde. "I think I'm in a love triangle."

He perks up. The bored expression he once held completely disappeared. He now looked shocked and angry.

"A love triangle? Between whom?"

You glance down at the orange and yellow flames in front of you. 'He's jealous already. No doubt he'd kill whoever I was seeing.'

You sit up, holding the fur covers over your chest, covering the rest of your body. "Does it even matter anymore Caius? Telling their names aren't going to help me get out of this."

You were right.

But that didn't mean shit to him.

He stood up from his seat and made his way over to where you sat before crouching beside you. He gently turned your face towards him and kissed you slowly. As he pulled away, his deep red eyes stared into yours possessively. "It matters because it's troubling you. I hate that." He whispers.

You sigh and look away. 'Leaving like that wasn't appropriate.' Caius follows your gaze, making sure you don't look away from him. "Do you love either of these men?" He asks gently. This was very out of character for him, so you knew he was being genuine.

And for that, you'd give him a genuine answer. Even if he hated it.

"Yes, I love the both of them. However, not the same." You paused. "One is the only man I'd ever loved. He was my first love, and always will be. The other, is my mentor. He's been by my side for 94 years... I know who's in my heart.. I just don't want anyone to get hurt." You say sadly.

Caius moves his gaze towards the crackling fire. "Although I can't understand how you feel, I'm willing to stay with you however long you wish."

————

A/n
Y'all I apologize for taking so long to write this short ass semi filler chapter.
Truth be told, if I knew this was all I was going to write then I would've published it earlier on in the week.

Btw I have a Spider Man book in the works!! I'll publish it when I have at least 3 chapters finished. So far I have 1/3.

I love y'all! Stay safe out there <3