Kiss me goodbye

Summer, 1910

Looking at the flowers on display, I feel someone bump into me. The force of the person caused me to fall over before being brought back into a solid embrace.

"Excuse me miss. I'm afraid I wasn't watching my surroundings carefully. Allow me to buy you a flower as a form of apology."

It takes me a second to process what had happened before I look up at the one who caught me.

His eyes were of a hazel color. His skin pale, his hair blonde. He was beautiful. More beautiful than any man I've ever seen in my entire life.

"Miss?" He calls out again. Only then do I realize I was staring.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I was asking if I could buy you a flower, for bumping into a beautiful lady like yourself."

He then gently smiles.

I clear my throat before quickly standing up straight and smoothing out my dress.

"O-oh oka-y. Sure." I smile back.

Fall, 1911

After that summer day, me and Carlisle's relationship began to bloom. Almost everyday was spent together with him.

He didn't care that I was an orphan, or that I was dirt poor. He says he'll take care of me for as long as I live.

I am his sun, he is my moon.

He spends most of his days trying to spoil me and take me on dates. I believe there's nothing better in this world than him.

Now I'm sitting under our gazebo waiting for him to arrive for lunch. He's late by an hour now and I'm starting to think he's not coming. But that's not like Lily. He always comes.

Just as I'm still thinking about him he shows up behind me and places his hand in my hair.

"Darling, I've kept you waiting. Forgive me." He wears the same smile on his face like the day we met.

I jump up and hug him. "Lily! What took you so long, I was worried?"

He looks down at me before pushing some of my dark curly hair out of my face and off of my shoulders, revealing my brown skin.

"Nothing too concerning my love, a lady just needed help after falling from a tree."

"Really? What was she doing up there?"

We sit down and begin eating the dishes placed in front of us.

"I'm afraid even I don't know." He says, placing  a cherry in my mouth before eating one himself.

"Oh.. hopefully she feels better soon. It's unfortunate she had to go through that." I say before eating a cookie.

Carlisle then placed his hand onto mine and looked at me lovingly.

"What's wrong?" I say glancing up at him then back down towards the mostly eaten food.

"Darling there's something I must tell you." He says seriously before sitting the both of you up.

I looked at him to show I was listening. His change in attitude was concerning. He then grabs both of my hands into his.

"I have to go away on business for a while. I'll be returning in a year."

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

After a while we lay back onto the grass. I fell asleep on his lap with him looking at me.

What was I to do without him?

Spring, 1914

After Carlisle returned, we grew even closer.

Sometimes we even talked about marriage like now.

"Lily do you love me?"

We walk together with my hand placed on his arm.

Without looking at me he answers with a firm "Yes."

I stopped walking and turned to look at him.

"Then why won't you marry me?"

He then takes my hand and spins me back into his chest.

"Because I love you too much."

"Lily.. I have something to tell you.." I look to the side before looking back at him.

"What is it flower?"

"I can't tell you here. Let's meet each other tonight at the gazebo. Okay?"

With a kiss on the cheek I leave.

12:01pm

There's no lights on as I wait for Carlisle in the middle of the gazebo. Today is the day I turned 19.

I'm pregnant with his child and today I've decided to tell him.

But as I wait, I start to feel odd. Like someone's watching me. And after a while I realize I was right.

A force suddenly pushes me to the ground.

"So pretty.. why are you alone sweetheart? Run away from mommy and daddy tonight?"

I can't see who the person is. All I feel is the lack of warmth in his skin and his cold breath on my neck.

"Don't worry I'll be your daddy for tonight.."

"P-pl-please do-don't! I don't have any money o-or anything so p-please!"

But he doesn't listen. The last thing I feel before everything stills is something warm running down my neck and something burning my body.

"L-lil..y"