What Really Happened While You Were Away

Today was prom day at Forks high school. You only decided to attend because you had nothing better to do today. Looking at the different couples, dressed in casino style fashion was something to admire for a while until your attention was brought elsewhere.

The awkward couple, Isabella and Edward arrived hand in hand. 'Her dress is so pretty..' after a bit of mingling the couple made their way outside to the gazebo and began to dance. Seeing that nothing interesting was going to happen, you sighed softly, left the entrance and walked back inside. 'Tsk this is kinda boring.'

You were soon approached by none other than Alice Cullen and her boyfriend Jasper. "Hey Yn!" She smiled and was quick to pull you into a tight hug. "Hey Alice.." you strained against her grip after about three seconds. She pulled away and grabbed you by the shoulders, still smiling. You sent a brief nod towards Jasper, said man returning the gesture.

"I noticed you guys have been absent lately. Is everything okay?" You ask the brunette in front of you. "Oh that?" She asks while looping her arm around yours and guiding the both of you somewhere quieter.

You both were now in the hallway alone. You assumed Jasper went to go talk to one of his siblings or something. "So what happened?" You turn back to Alice, unlinking your arms and turning your back towards the lockers to face her.

"There were some of our kind after Bella. We had to leave town for a while to protect her." She says staring off into the distance beside you. You gasp in shock quietly. "Really? Why her specifically? I mean.. you would think they'd leave her alone seeing she was with y'all." You say.

"Apparently not." She shrugs. "James happened to be a tracker. He picked up her scent when we were all playing baseball a few days ago, and she was the only thing he desired since." She finished. "Oh that's unfortunate. She must've been so scared. Poor girl." You say leaning your back on the locker behind you and crossing your arms.

She just smiled. "She handled it better than I thought she would."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I guess she was more concerned about the well-being of her parents instead of herself. No matter how hard Edward tried to convince her to leave immediately, she wouldn't budge until she knew her father was safe and wouldn't be involved."

"That is pretty admirable."

"Isn't it?" She turns her face back towards you. "The only thing that had us worried is when she went to meet James alone without us knowing."

"She did what?" Your face mixes into one of confusion and surprise.

" She got a phone call from James that had a recording of her mother trying to find her in the background. She must've assumed that he had her. He threatened her that if she didn't meet him alone, he would take her mother's life. So she went."

You ponder for a bit before asking. "And is that how her leg...?" You nod referring to the word broke. Alice just nods. "James also bit her."

Your eyes widen. "Really? Who saved her?"

"Edward did." You hear a voice speak up from beside you. Both you and Alice turn to see Jasper standing beside you. "He did? How did he know when to stop?" You ask.

"I guess he found it in himself to. He almost didn't." Alice said.

"Oh my. It sounds like y'all's been through it these past few couple days." You say turning to look at the end of the hall where the different students were dancing.

"Well.." you sigh. "I'll let y'all's do your own thing. I'm about to head out." You wave goodnight to the pair before leaving the hallway.

———-

The drive home was a quiet one. Entering the nicely decorated house, you flop down on the couch and take out your phone.

Ryo 🐉

Yn: Ryo, where are u?

Ryo🐉: Working.

Ryo🐉: Night shift.

Yn: Come home. I'm bored. 🤧😞

Ryo🐉: Aww you miss me?

Yn: Did I say that? 🤨

Ryo🐉: No but..

Yn: Exactly.

Yn: But nothing.

Yn: Now come homeeeee.

Ryo🐉: Like I said, can't. I'm working night.

Ryo🐉: You come over.

Yn: But..

Ryo🐉: But nothing. I'm going on lunch in a few. I'll be waiting.

———READ———

You sit up and head to your room to change clothes before leaving. You put on something and quickly check on Challan before heading out the door and leaving.

———-

The hospital was a small one compared to the other ones you've seen in your lifetime.

Inside the dull white walls added onto the crowded gloomy atmosphere. You honestly can't believe your best friend can stay in a place like this for hours on end.

Two steps to the left, and you see Ryo walking down the hallway towards you in his white medical coat. He resembled a beautiful Angel of death with each long graceful stride he took down the hallway. His slightly gelled dark hair covering part of his eyebrow, white rimmed glasses over his black contact covered eyes, medicinal coat flowing behind his figure. It almost seemed as if he was gliding towards you.

You shift your weight onto the other foot and look him over once. "You know, I thought this hospital would be bigger." You say to the taller man in front of you. "I did too." He deadpanned.

You both busted out in silent laughter after staring at each other for about three seconds. Yes it was stupid. But still.

Ryo grabs your hand and puts it on his arm, and begins leading you down a hallway. Two left turns later, you're outside a brown door. Ryo takes out a set of keys and unlocks it, pushing it open.

The inside of the office is plainly decorated with a large dark wooden desk in the middle of the room. "This is your office?" You question while sitting in the black rolling chair behind his desk. He only nods letting out a small hum and a yawn. "Yep. Boring as hell." He walks over to a file cabinet and opens it. "That's one way to put it.." you say looking around the shelves from your position.

"How can you spend so much time in here? I've only been here for about 5-10 minutes and I feel like dying all over again." You exclaim to the older man behind you. "Idk.. I guess.. I wanna help people in a way." He shrugs while making his way to the desk with a file. "What's in that?" You ask.

"Just some research I gathered on someone." He responds without looking away from the file. "Who?"

"Don't worry. It's no one important." He says dryly. 'He's lying.'

"Okay.." You spin around in the chair twice. "I'm hungry. I haven't fed in days." You say with a sigh, looking at the ceiling. Ryo looks up from the file and waves his hand towards you. "Come with me. We have some blood in the storage cooler. I'm sure no one would notice if a bag or two went missing." He smiles.

The two of you exit the dim office and make your way down a series of hallways.

During your walk you accidentally bumped into someone.

Without looking up you mumbled a quick "sorry" and continued following Ryo.

"Geez Yn, if you're gonna be clumsy 24/7 hang onto me." Ryo says while grabbing your hand and looping it through his arm. You pout out your bottom lip a little and look up at him. "Why are you being so mean to me?"

What you didn't know, Is that person stopped dead in his tracks. Wondering if he had saw his lover who was taken away from him 94 years ago.

'Yn...'

A/n

Next chapter has Carlisle's pov in it. It may be short because idk if I want to add the readers pov too. But I just finished his pov so..