Iwaizumi x f!reader

Life in America is different than life was back in Japan. First of all, there was no Oikawa. That was an adjustment for both Y/N and Iwaizumi. But at least they had each other. And Iwa still has volleyball.

Iwa and Y/N both went to America after graduation. They went to the same University and are still best friends. Iwa and Y/N found security in having each other by their sides. It was perfect and since they were already best friends, it wasn't awkward. Things just progressed and they are now closer than they used to be back in high school.

"Iwa," Y/N came barging into their shared apartment. At first they had stayed in dorms but they quickly realized that they would feel more comfortable living together. Moving to America had been harder on the two of them than they suspected. "Look at the pictures Tohru just sent me."

Y/N flopped down on the couch next to Iwaizumi. She held up her phone and flipped through the photos she had received from Oikawa. Most of them were of the night sky, but some were of Oikawa and his new team. "I think he was UFO hunting again." Y/N laughed.

Iwa subtly checked his own phone. He hadn't received anything from Oikawa despite being the one that is closer to him. A slight frown tugged at Iwa's lips as a sudden thought came into his mind. "Y/N," he stated carefully. "Do you miss him?"

Y/N frowned at the sudden question. Of course, she missed Oikawa. Why would Iwa even ask that? "Everyday," she confessed. "He is one of my best friends, not to mention the fact that he is my ex boyfriend." Y/N smiled sadly at Iwa. "Why?" She asked softly.

Iwaizumi turned to face Y/N. "Do you still love him?" He asked bluntly. But Iwa couldn't meet Y/N's eyes. He hated to admit it, but he was scared of her answer. Iwa wanted to be selfish, but he knew that he couldn't. Back in high school, it was always the three of them, but Y/N was always Oikawa's. No matter how much Iwa wanted her to be his. Y/N's heart belonged to Oikawa.

Iwaizumi has had an unrequited love for Y/N for years now. He thought it would get easier and that these feelings would go away, but they never did. It especially didn't help that Y/N followed him to America. It did things to his heart. It made these unwanted feelings grow instead of disappearing.

Y/N smiled at Iwa again, but this one wasn't sad. She almost looked amused by the idea of still being in love with Oikawa. "No," she confessed. "I would have followed him to Argentina if I was." Iwaizumi's eyes widened.

Y/N sighed, putting her phone down. She had a feeling that Iwa wasn't going to be speaking any time soon, so she continued. Y/N knew she would probably regret what she was about to say. Y/N isn't the bold type, so this would be out of character. She swallowed her building anxiety and opened her mouth again. "I am in love with someone else though. But I don't think he has any interest in me like that."

Iwaizumi's shoulders fell a little. He hid his disappointment well and raised an eyebrow at Y/N. "What's the poor guy like?"

Y/N sighed, looking up at the ceiling. She was definitely going to regret this. She shouldn't be confiding this in Iwa of all people. There would be no taking this back. Once it was out there, there would be nothing Y/N could do. Oh well. "He is on the volleyball team," Iwa's eyes widened. "He has really soft hair. He is a fantastic roommate, but, he thinks that I am in love with his best friend."

"Y/N,"

Y/N quickly interrupted him, sitting up. "Don't turn me down, Iwa. I already know. You don't have to tell me." Y/N tried to stand but Iwaizumi grabbed her wrist. He pulled her back down onto the couch, facing him.

"Can I kiss you?" Iwa asked. His voice sounded different somehow. Deeper maybe? His eyes were locked on Y/N's lips. Y/N's eyes widened. She couldn't say a word. She was too shocked. But she nodded her head.

Iwa leaned in slowly, brushing his lips over hers softly. He had wanted to do this for forever, so he was going to savor the moment. Then he closed the gap, pressing his lips firmly against Y/N's. Her lips were so soft and smooth. They had a faint stickiness of lipgloss. It tasted sweet, but Iwa couldn't pinpoint the flavor.

Their lips stayed locked together for a while, completely unmoving. As Iwa tried to pull back, Y/N wrapped her hands behind his neck, her nails lightly grazing the skin. She pulled hurriedly pulled him back in for another kiss. This one heated and passionate.

As Iwa pulled back again, he rested his forehead on Y/N's. They were both out of breath and were unable to open their eyes. "I love you, Y/N" Iwaizumi confessed. "I've loved you for a long time."