Kuroo x f!reader

Despite knowing each other for quite a while, Y/N and Kuroo had been dating for nearly a month when it all happened. When one single night changed everything.

"Are you ready?" Kuroo asked. Y/N would be meeting some of Kuroo's friends for the first time that night. Some of his old high school buddies, but most importantly his best friend.

To say that Y/N was nervous was an understatement. Her anxiety had sky rocketed at Kuroo's question. Was she ready? Physically, yes. Emotionally, no. This one night could make or break their relationship.

"As I'll ever be." Y/N tried to sound confident but she couldn't hide the shaking in her voice.

Kuroo immediately noticed this and gently placed his hands on Y/N's arms. "It will be great." He reassured.

Y/N, wanting to be honest about her concerns, chose her next words carefully. "What if they don't like me?" What she didn't say lingered in the back of her mind. Will it change your mind about us?

Kuroo smiled. The thought of his friends disliking Y/N seemed ridiculous to him. How could anyone dislike her. In his eyes, she was amazing. "They will, I'm sure of it." Kuroo was in love with her, not that she knew of course.

"And if somehow they don't, it doesn't matter because I like you and you are a part of my life." He added. These words seemed to touch Y/N as her mood lifted. Sure she was still nervous, but this reassurance had helped a lot.

"Thank you Tetsuro." Y/N wrapped her arms around Kuroo, clinging to his body. Kuroo smiled down at her and returned the hug. She meant everything to him.

A knock at the door disrupted the moment. "Hey!" Kuroo greeted the men at the door with excitement. The four men greeted Kuroo and filed into his apartment. It was Kenma, Akaashi, Bokuto, and Hinata. Kuroo glanced over the guys and then rechecked the doorway. "Where's Tsukki?"

"He's gonna meet us at the bar." Bokuto answered. This seemed to please Kuroo and the five of them quickly became emerged in a conversation.

Y/N stood there awkwardly. She had yet to be introduced to the guys and it was almost as if they had forgotten she was there. Finally Kuroo turned to her with a smile.

"This is Y/N."

Kenma, surprisingly, beat Bokuto to the punch and was the first to step forward. "I'm Kenma. Kuro talks about you a lot." Y/N blushed. It made her extremely giddy to know that Kuroo talks about her.

The rest of the guys took their turns introducing themselves, with both Bokuto and Hinata being far too eager. This caused Kuroo to tell them both to back off and stop overwhelming Y/N. Y/N couldn't help but giggle at their antics, although it was overwhelming with the two in her face it had calmed her down.

"You guys ready?" The guys all nodded at Kuroo.

The bar was a short walk away from Kuroo's home, so the six of them were there in no time. The guys did there best to try and include Y/N in there conversations but it was difficult. As a result, Y/N spent most of the night in silence. Watching Kuroo catch up with his friends.

"Y/N," Kenma addressed her by her first name without a care. It wasn't like he knew her last name anyways. "Has Kuro even told you anything about us?" Kenma didn't bother to pause his game, but he did meet Y/N's eyes for a moment.

"Uh, I know you guys went to high school together. But you and Tetsuro have known each other since you were kids."

An amused noise left Kenma and he paused the game on his phone. "Only Kuro and I went to the same high school. The rest of the guys we know from volleyball. We played against each other."

"Tetsuro told me that you guys all played together, I just assumed." Y/N flushed but the tightness in her chest vanished.

Kenma didn't speak again, instead he silently went back to his game. But this small interaction was enough to change Y/N's perspective of the night, and gave her the courage to participate some in conversations.

The rest of the night wasn't so stressful. In fact, Y/N actually enjoyed herself. It no longer seemed to be dragging on and by the time they were headed back to Kuroo's place, Y/N was confidently walking with her hand in Kuroo's.