Ushijima x f!reader

Y/N was down bad for her friend Ushijima Wakatoshi. She was completely smitten, completely in love. But she knew it was one sided. Y/N wasn't even sure if Ushijima was able to have romantic feelings for someone. In all her time of knowing him, he had never once expressed such feelings for anyone.

Y/N knew she was hopeless. But she was hopelessly in love. She had been for years. The only person that knew was her and Ushijima's close friend, Tendo Satori. But Tendo is in France.

Y/N was sitting patiently on Ushijima's bed. Ushijima was in the shower, since he had just gotten home from his practice with the Schweiden Adlers. Y/N smoothed a crease in Ushijima's bed sheets.

They were going to have an anime marathon today. A tradition that was started back in high school. Tendo used to be a key part of these marathons, since he is the one that started the tradition. But with Tendo out of the country, it left only Ushijima and Y/N.

Y/N was surprised that Ushijima wanted to keep up the tradition after Tendo left. Especially with his busy schedule now that he has gone professional. But it made Y/N happy. It made her really, really happy. Her dear Ushijima still wanted to spend time with her.

Y/N was lost in thought when Ushijima came out of the bathroom. He was wearing gray sweats and a loose fitting shirt, something that was difficult to find with his muscular build. "I thought you would be playing on your phone like you normally do." Ushijima announced. Y/N's head snapped toward him. She hadn't even noticed the water turning off.

"Just lost in thought," she explained. Y/N picked up her phone and scrolled through her texts with Tendo. "Hey, Wakatoshi, have you heard from Satori lately?"

Ushijima stared at her with his typical blank face. He blinked at her question. "I haven't now that you mention it."

Y/N frowned. She missed Tendo. He was a bright light in her life. Always bringing her joy and advice, allowing Y/N to confide in him with things she would never tell anyone else. Like her feelings for Ushijima.

"The chocolate must be keeping him busy," Ushijima concluded. Something about the way he said it, and the words he chose brought a smile back to Y/N's face.

"What do you want to watch today?" Y/N asked. She always asked Ushijima this question even though his answer was always the same. It was just a part of their little ritual. It was something that just the two of them shared.

"I don't care. You can pick."

Y/N smiled and began scrolling through their selections. She paused on one that made her smile. It was a violent and depressing show about a rebellion, and one of the best stories she had ever seen. Despite its dark nature, there was a good balance to its sadness that kept the watcher engaged. It was full of action and meaning as the heroes fight the corruption that is the Capital.

"How about Akame Ga Kill? We haven't watched it since it was airing." Y/N didn't even need to look back at Ushijima to know his answer but she did anyway. The professional volleyball player nodded with a light hum, although he would have been pleased with whatever Y/N had picked.

Y/N and Ushijima exited his room and headed for the couch. As they sat down, Y/N was hyper aware of how close their bodies were. Ushijima's arm brushed against hers as he turned on the show.

Y/N did her best to pay attention to the show. She really enjoyed Akame Ga Kill and rewatching it was making her notice things that she had originally missed. She did her best to push down and ignore her romantic desires toward Ushijima that were clawing at her throat due to their proximity.

They were on episode eight out of twenty four when Ushijima shifted his position. He had a blank expression as he watched, despite the dark nature of that specific episode. Ushijima moved his arm to rest on the back of the couch, dangerously close to resting on Y/N's shoulders.

Y/N once again became hyper aware of their proximity. Blood rushed to her face and her heartbeat pounded in her ears. Y/N tried desperately to keep her attention on the battle that was taking place on screen. But she just couldn't.

Y/N snuck a glance at Ushijima to find him watching her. Y/N, mortified that she was caught looking at him, snapped her head back to the television. She heard a deep chuckle come from Ushijima.

Y/N gasped when she felt his nose and lips graze her ear. "You're cute when you're flustered, Y/N." Y/N couldn't breathe. Had Ushijima really just said that or was she imagining things? Her head unconsciously turned toward him. Ushijima hadn't pulled away so their noses brushed when she faced him.

Ushijima was staring blankly at her. "What?" Y/N squeaked.

Ushijima lightly grasped Y/N's chin between his thumb and pointer finger, tilting her head up. "You're cute when you're flustered," Ushijima repeated, his eyes falling to Y/N's lips.

Ushijima leaned down, capturing Y/N's lips with his own. The kiss wasn't slow. No, Ushijima kissed her as if he had wanted to for years. It was fierce and passionate. There was almost no gentleness behind the kiss. Not that Ushijima was know for behind gentle.

Just as Y/N gave into the kiss, her phone chimed. Ushijima pulled away just as suddenly as he had kissed her. Y/N stared at him with wide eyes and out of breath. "Are you going to check that?"

Y/N glanced at her phone seeing Tendo's contact. As much as she wanted to talk to him, it could wait. Y/N shook her head. For the first time in a while, Ushijima smiled at her. And his smiled were rare. Ushijima grabbed Y/N's waist and pulled her back into another kiss.