Ukai x f!reader

Y/N is breathtaking in Ukai's eyes. She isn't flawless, but she is perfect to him. And perfect for him. Ukai truly can't get enough of her. Y/N is his everything.

They have been together since high school. Ukai is so grateful that she has stuck around and always remained by his side. Especially now that he has taken on a second job as the coach of the Karasuno boy's volleyball team. Y/N has had plenty of reasons to walk away over the years but she has stayed by his side.

Ukai isn't a very romantic person, but that has not stopped him from giving Y/N romantic moments throughout their relationship. Some have been spontaneous, while others have been preplanned. For the preplanned moments, Ukai usually asks other people for advice. He wants everything to be perfect.

What Ukai is currently planning, is a moment that he wants planned out and perfect. Y/N deserves for it to be perfect. But who could Ukai turn to? He currently spends all his time with high schoolers. It wasn't the best idea, but that's how Ukai ended up here with the Karasuno volleyball team helping plan his proposal.

"What does the ring look like?" The boys were eager to see it. Not all of them understood why Ukai was in love, considering the only thing they could wrap their minds around was volleyball. But the others were happy for him. But the entire team was eager to help.

Ukai pulled the ring out of his pocket. It was in a sleek, small black box. When he opened the box, Ukai revealed a shiny silver ring. On the silver band was a gem. It was small, G/C colored stone. The ring was beautiful. Upon seeing it, they all knew that Y/N would love it.

Takeda patted Ukai's shoulder. "You chose well. I think L/N is going to love it." He assured. The team all agreed, bringing a relaxed smile to Ukai's face. Ukai had brought Y/N around the team before. They all knew her pretty well. Especially Takeda.

"How are you going to propose, Coach Ukai?" Sugawara asked. The third years seemed especially interested in Ukai's proposal. Probably because they were getting close to starting their adult lives. Tanaka was particularly interested too, but that didn't come as a surprise.

Ukai was at a loss. He knew he wanted to propose   He knew he was ready to marry Y/N and spend the rest of his life with her. Ukai even already had the ring that he wanted to propose to Y/N with. The only problem was, he didn't know how to propose. Ukai is the type of person to ask in normal conversation. But he wants to make it romantic for Y/N. He wants it to be perfect.

"I don't know," Ukai admitted. "I was hoping that someone might have an idea." The team erupted with possibilities. Most of which were completely ridiculous. One of them suggested to write the question on a volleyball and serve it to her. Another suggested to not make things complicated and to just ask.

Ukai waved his hand in the air. "Alright, alright, settle down. I don't know why I'm even asking for advice from high school kids." Ukai sighed. He was getting no where with planning the proposal.

Takeda set his hand on Ukai's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. "Do you remember what you did for your first date with L/N?" Ukai's eyes widened and he nodded. He did remember. How could he forget, it was when they had their first kiss. Ukai had taken her to get ice cream and then they spent their day in an arcade. During their time in the arcade, Ukai kissed her in the picture booth. "You could maybe try to recreate your first date," Takeda suggested.

"From a female's perspective, that is a great idea." Kiyoko spoke up.

Ukai grinned. He now knew exactly what to do. He could see it all playing out in his head. He clapped his hands together. "Alright, enough about me. Let's get to practice." Ukai only smiled when the team asked him if he had figured it out.

The next day, Ukai took Y/N to get her favorite flavor of ice cream early in the morning. He had a schedule to keep if he was going to propose before practice started. Ukai didn't tell Y/N where they were going. He wanted to keep it a surprise. But Y/N put it together shortly before they arrived, recognizing the path they were taking. Ukai was taking her to the arcade.

Y/N smiled brightly when they arrived outside of the arcade, completely unaware of what Ukai had planned. "Keishin, we haven't been here in forever!" Ukai smiled back at her and pulled Y/N inside.

Ukai and Y/N played for hours. They had the arcade relatively to themselves considering it was a school day. The loving couple played to their hearts content. Y/N had been right, they hadn't been there in forever. Ukai had almost forgotten how much fun the arcade could be. But he was amped up thinking about what he had planned for later.

They played so many games. They weren't necessarily good at all of them. Some they were just straight up bad at. But they enjoyed themselves.

Ukai attempted to win Y/N something in the claw machine. But just like on their first date, he failed. And also just like their first date, that didn't stop Ukai from trying again three more times before Y/N finally pulled him away from the machine.

It was a lot of fun. But eventually both Ukai and Y/N had played to their hearts content and were ready to go. "There is one last thing that I want to do," Ukai said with a smirk. He pointed to the Photo Booth that was still sitting in the same spot as it was on their first date. Y/N smiled warmly and grabbed Ukai's hand.

They situated themselves in the booth and let it begin. Ukai played along for the first photo, kissing Y/N's cheek. But by the time the booth took the second picture, Ukai was holding up the ring. Y/N hadn't noticed Ukai yet and held up a peace sign as the camera snap the second photo. "Y/N, I love you more than I ever thought was possible. You mean the world and more to me. L/N Y/N, will you marry me?"

The third photo captured Y/N's reaction. Y/N slapped her hands over her mouth in shock. Ukai had just proposed to her. Y/N was overflowing with joy. As the camera prepared to take the fourth and final picture, Y/N grabbed Ukai's face and kissed him. As their lips lingered together, the camera snapped.

As soon as Y/N pulled away, she began to speak. "Keishin, yes! Yes I'll marry you!" The perfectly timed photos taken in that booth would be an item that they would treasure forever.