Kageyama x f!reader

Requested by prawnikmickiewicza

Content warning: slight angst (mostly jealousy) with happy ending
Note: this is NOT Ushijima slander! Please read till the end

Ushijima Wakatoshi. That name haunted Kageyama's mind. He couldn't escape the wing spiker. It was like Ushijima was everywhere. It probably wouldn't be a problem if Kageyama could get a break from the man. But he was everywhere Kageyama looked.

What was Kageyama's problem with Ushijima? The answer was simple. L/N Y/N, Kageyama's fiancé. And Ushijima just so happened to be one of Y/N's closest friends.

Y/N can be very oblivious, much like Kageyama. It is one of the many reasons that they make such a great pair. But Y/N is an affectionate ray of sunshine. She isn't afraid to show her friends physical signs of affection. She is touchy. And Kageyama is a jealous man.

The entire team knew that Kageyama was off. He had played the entire game with something else on his mind. They could all tell. Fortunately they had still won the game, but something about Kageyama was off. Although no one dated to ask the temperamental setter what was on his mind.

While the Schweiden Adlers were celebrating their win with close friends and family, the team couldn't help but notice Kageyama's cold glares directed at one person, Ushijima Wakatoshi. And when he wasn't glaring, his cold and calculating eyes were following his fiancé's every move.

It didn't take long for them to realize what, or who, had been on Kageyama's mind during the game. But now the team was left wondering why. Ushijima and Y/N both seemed oblivious to Kageyama's cold gaze. They were acting as if nothing was wrong. So what could have happened?

The answer is not surprising. Kageyama was merely jealous. He is very jealous. And all because of a small hug that occurred before the game began.

Despite Kageyama's overwhelming desire for control. He is not controlling over Y/N, and he never has been. He treats her right and always has. Kageyama has never once had a problem with Y/N's friends or the ways that she treats them. He has never had a problem with it before. Y/N hugs her friends all the time. But Ushijima was different.

Y/N was particularly fond of Ushijima, and he was equally as fond of her. The problem was Ushijima didn't respect her and Kageyama's relationship, or at least that's how Kageyama felt. Every single time that Y/N would hug Ushijima, Ushijima would seek out eye contact with Kageyama. At first it didn't bother him, but things add up.

Kageyama had a deep pit in his stomach and a burning fire coursing through his veins as he watched Y/N speak to Ushijima. Just like always, Ushijima kept glancing over Y/N's shoulder and meeting Kageyama's cold gaze. It just fueled Kageyama's anger. It was like Ushijima was making sure that Kageyama was watching.

Kageyama clenched his teeth as Y/N laughed, lightly touching Ushijima's shoulder. Like clock work, Ushijima locked eyes with Kageyama. The setter finally stood up. That was it. That was the final straw. Kageyama held Ushijima's gaze as he marched up to him and his fiancé.

Kageyama was seething with anger and despair. How could his teammate so blatantly disrespect him and his relationship? Kageyama slipped an arm around Y/N's waist. He lightly grabbed Y/N's face and kissed her in front of the entire team. In front of Ushijima.

Kageyama waited for Ushijima to react in some way but he just blinked. He didn't seem fazed by the kiss at all. In fact, he almost seemed to be holding back a smile. Kageyama's eyebrows furrowed. "Mine," Kageyama said possessively.

Y/N's eyes widened. She hadn't meant to make Kageyama jealous, she was just talking to her friend. Y/N wasn't sure what had gotten into Kageyama but she found it adorable. "Are you jealous, Tobio?" She asked.

Kageyama didn't answer, but the look on his face spoke for him. Y/N bit back a smile and hugged her fiancé. Kageyama grunted, not understanding why Y/N seemed so happy and amused. His cold gaze shifted back to Ushijima. "Mine," Kageyama said again, returning Y/N's hug.

Ushijima seemed to finally put the pieces together. "Are you upset with me?" The giant asked.

Kageyama narrowed his eyes. "Y/N is my fiance," Kageyama hissed. "Stop looking at me with that stupid face every time she touches you. It really ticks me off."

Ushijima's eyes widened. "Looking at you?" Then he realized what Kageyama was talking about. "I look at you for approval. I was trying to make sure that you are comfortable with what Y/N is doing. I didn't mean to offend you in any way, Kageyama." Ushijima explained.

Ushijima doesn't lie. He is too blunt for that. Kageyama knows this. So what Kageyama heard Ushijima's explanation, it was his turn for his eyes to widen. Kageyama had been misunderstanding Ushijima's glances this entire time. Kageyama misunderstood and he felt like an idiot. All his built up anger washed away. This entire time, Ushijima was trying to respect Kageyama's boundaries, not disrespect them.

Y/N looked up at Kageyama with a worried expression. "Do you want me to stop being so affectionate with Toshi, Tobio?" Kageyama met her gaze with a guilty look.

"No," he reassured. "I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding." Kageyama tried to step away but Y/N kept her arms locked around him.

"I love you, Tobio. And I am sorry if I did anything to upset you." Y/N whispered.

Kageyama smiled softly down at her, stroking Y/N's hair. "I love you too, Y/N."

Haikyuu One Shots!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें