24

I knew this was a bad idea

Making Skylar my PA wasn't the wisest decision, I shouldn't have agreed.

It was Mark's idea that Skylar should replace Sonia-Sophia or whatever her name is after I fired her. Well, I didn't actually fire her I just transferred her to another one of my companies, seeing that she became too clingy with me.

When Mark proposed the idea, the logical part of me was against it but other insane part insisted that it was totally okay to have her as my PA so I chose the latter.

It was a mistake, a horrible mistake.

There is something about Skylar, something that is very unsettling but I can't quite figure it out.

Her confidence seems to waver everytime we cross ways, I've noticed. I'm trying not to think that she has problem with me because she seems to be fine when she's around every one else, except me.

And beat me but since the day she stepped into the conference room and she suddenly had an anxiety attack, she happened to catch my attention.

Granted, I have never been like this with anyone, especially a girl--a girl I barely know. This is so unlike me.

I should have think twice when Mark suggested her but I didn't. I agreed and asked for her personal details because I wanted to know what kind of person I'd be stuck with.

And to say I was shocked after reading her file is understatement. The girl is full of surprises.

First she was born and grew up in New York-- my hometown before she moved here in Seattle. She even went to the same Uni as me, NYU. Interesting

She probably knew me way back.

With my reputation back then, I doubt there was a soul who didn't know me.
Now I'm not proud of my old self

And...she is a single mother of one kid, didn't see that coming honestly. Like who would have thought? She's actually a mom. She seems quite young and....innocent, untainted by the world's darkness.

It's too bad that she's here with me because I'm flawed.

"Your coffee Mr. Harrington" Her soft voice snap me out of trance and I'm forced to look up from my iPad.
Now she's a distraction. Fucking great.

She standing near me holding a mug with hot coffee.

It's the scent, her scent that invades all my senses when she's close. Her scent that's very disturbing and very calming at the same time. Odd.

I take the mug from her and get up, towering over her 5 feet form. She takes a step a back, as usual. I lean against the huge table, crossing my legs at the ankle.

"I gave you an order Skylar, a simple one"
I say, taking a sip of the coffee.

Her brows dip in confusion before she remembers. That she is to call me by my name.