22

I'm on my way to the hospital, where Lucas has been taken

It turns out that he only lost conscious and not dead as I expected so they had to take him to the hospital and called me to go there since am his 'son' and the only known relative. Bullshit

Honestly I don't even know why am bothering, It's not like I care about him. I just came from work and am tired as fuck.

Maybe I should just turn the car and go home to have some rest instead of wasting my time to see a person of less important.

"Fuck" I curse as the hospital building comes into my sight, meaning that I'm late for the better decision.

I park and get out of the car. It's dusk so I don't bother putting on shades. I do that during daytime because once people recognize who I am, stupid paparazzi would on me like flies on shit.

That happens a lot now that am labeled as a 'young billionaire'

I'm making my way to the room where Lucas is. Some people and staffs gawk at me as walk along the hospital hallways. I ignore them.

I'm well known here. Every year Lucas donates huge amount of money and so he among the donors and he's treated like royal here.

I open the door to his room and there I see him, lying on the hospital bed and he is awake!

I thought they said he's passed out.

It was a lie. Motherfuckers

"I figured if they lied you would come" He start when he sees me standing on the door, pissed.

"That proves you are pathetic" I retort.

"You wouldn't have come otherwise" He coughs weakly.

He really is sick.

As I look at him, he seems weak and older or maybe the sickness makes him look older. His health is getting worse every time I see him and I almost pity him. Almost.

"What do you want?" I ask, not wanting to be here a second longer.

"How have you been?"

"Cut the nonsense. Why the fuck did you call me?"

He looks at me for moment before he speak. "Will you ever get married?"

"I'm outta here" I turn to leave but stop when I hear speak the funniest thing I've ever heard.

"You will end up alone"

I stare at him, and humourless laughter bubbles out of me "That's rich coming from you, don't you think?"

"Listen-"

"No you listen" I cut him off, hard expression takes over my face "I think it's  funny of you to tell me about fucking marriage when your own wife left you"  I spit the words with clear annoyance  "And now you are all alone"