18

I'm in a meeting

I'm in a meeting.

I'm going through some notes on my IPad as Mark Owen present about financial system of the company.

As planned, Harrington Inc. was able to buy Dreamland Real Estate--one of the biggest estate agency in the country.

It has been my desire all along to buy the company for it to be under the wing of Harrington Inc. So when the company announced their financial crisis, I didn't think twice about claiming it.

The mission is to restructure it to raise the company price.

Actually I'm in the process of expanding Harrington Inc. by investing in and buying as many bigger property and agencies.

That has been the main goal since the day I've become the president of the Harrington Incorporations three years ago.

Yes, I'm now the president of the HICs and owner of multiple businesses--Lucas businesses.

Never in a million years did I think that I would accept Lucas' offer and take over his position consider the history I have with the man. I was his successor but I never wanted anything to do with him--but I had no option.

After the incident, I needed the change of scenery and Lucas' offer was there to provide that and so I took the offer, for myself.

Nothing felt normal after what I did almost four years ago. Everything changed, I...changed--I became distant, reserved.

I shut myself off from the world, only my two best friends, Bryson and Caden were there to put up with my shit.

What I did haunted me and I just wanted to die. I wanted to die because the guilt was suffocating me, killing me.

It's hard to live knowing that you've ruined another soul, it's even harder to live knowing someone out there is suffering from your wrong doings and you can't do anything to fix it.

I preferred death. I really wanted to die but of course, my death wish was never granted because whom am I kidding?...death is the easiest way out.

Death is too luxury for monsters...like me.

Soon after that day my best friend Caden started an 'investigation' because according to him something was not right--he claimed.

Then he discovered that I was drugged. No wonder the guy is a cop now.

There was some drugs in my drink that caused whatever state I had that day.

That might be true consider that I made lot of enemies but either way, does that suppose to make me feel better?

No.

Wether I was drugged or not, it was me who did that horrible thing, it was me who forced myself into her. It was me who...ruined her