𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

idk

Park Chaeyoung

On Monday evening, when I got back, the first thing I did was go to Hyunjin's place. However, it was not Hyunjin who answered the door.

"Oh hey," Seungmin said, opening the door.

"Hey," I replied. "Is Hyunjin here?"

"Yeah, come in," he stepped aside and closed the door behind me. Hyunjin was lying on the sofa...or more off the sofa? He was on his phone, his legs were in the air and his head was resting just above the floor.

"Why the hell are you sitting upside down?" I said. He glanced at me and shrugged.

"Why not?" He asked as I sat down next to him. "What's up with you?"

"What do you mean? I'm fine." 

I was fine, why wouldn't I have been?

"Hm," he flipped himself, fixed his posture and put an arm around me. "Let's do something."

"Don't be too loud!" Seungmin called from the other room. I rolled my eyes as Hyunjin yelled back, 

"Not like that, you dirty minded little-" he shook his head and glanced at me. "Food?"

"Sounds good to me."

-

He took me to a small takeaway shop, and we ordered some food. I ordered a smash burger (yes, i'm basic, and?) and he ordered some noodles, then we walked outside and sat on a bench.

"How was your weekend?" He asked, giving me some noodles out of his box. I took a bite out of my burger before answering.

"Not bad," I mumbled. "I saw Iseul."

"Wait what?" he frowned. "Really? What did she say?"

I quickly explained the whole encounter, and he cocked an eyebrow.

"He probably blocked her," he rolled his eyes then winked. "Making room for you."

I hit his shoulder.

"Don't be ridiculous," I said. "He's probably lost interest."

"And you're okay with that?"

"Well...no..."

"He hasn't lost interest," he said. "You should text him." 

"How do you know?"

"Because we're best friends, obviously."

"Uhm, ouch."

"You as well obviously," he smiled.

"I was kidding."

"I wasn't."

-

The next morning I decided to go return some books before class. I had seen Hye-ryeoung in the morning, and she said she was going on a day out with Wooyoung. No surprises there. All she ever did these days was hangout with Wooyoung. 

I sighed and made my way to the library, books in my bag. I smiled at a few students who passed me, squeezed through circles of friends, then eventually got to the library. I took the books out, scanned them, and put them on the shelf nearby. Then I heard some voices. A familiar voices.

"You look incredibly sexy," a woman's voice I did not recognise. 

"Thank you," a man's voice. A familiar man's voice. "Not too bad yourself."