𝐓𝐞𝐧

Park Chaeyoung

"Hey, Wooyoung is going to come over for a bit," Hye-ryeoung said, sitting on the couch next to me. "Are you okay with that?"

I nodded. 

A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door.

"That'll be him," Hye-ryeoung got up and opened the door. "Hey!"

I heard the sound of kissing. Great. I had a feeling "a bit" would be a while. 

There were footsteps coming closer to the sofa I was on, and I turned around. 

Damn. Good catch Hye-ryeoung.

"Hey, you're Chaeyoung, right?" He smiled. I nodded and smiled back. He turned his attention to Hye-ryeoung, and they sat on the couch opposite to me. I ignored them and went back to reading my book for at least ten minutes, but then I realised something felt off. 

I glanced up at them, and then I realised.

They wanna have sex.

"I'm going to go out, Hyunjin wanted to meet up," I said suddenly, getting up and basically running to the door. I didn't even listen to Hye-ryeoung's response, I grabbed my shoes, slid them on, grabbed my keys and slammed the door behind me. 

Horny motherfuckers. He just walked in ten minutes ago. 

I decided to take a trip to the library, as usual, to see if there was anything interesting to read. 

The weather was nice today, not too hot, not too cold, especially for August. Perfect for ice cream. Maybe I'd go later with Hyunjin. 

I made my way to the library, where I found a few students working, messing around and talking. How did people have work to do before classes even started? It'd be a whole week before then. I didn't know whether I was ready for it yet.

I noticed Minho sitting on a table in the corner, scrolling on his phone with a drink in his hand, but I ignored him as he hadn't seen me, and went to a shelf nearby. 

Why the hell are the shelves so big? I'm not that tall.

I got on my tiptoes and tried to see the books on the shelf, when I saw a particular cover that caught my eye. I gasped and tried to reach it, but of course, I was too short.

"Why are you trying to climb a book shelf?" 

I gave a small scream.

"What the hell? Why are you sneaking up behind me?"

Minho shrugged. 

"I wasn't," he rolled his eyes. "You seem to be struggling."

"Yeah, I am," I looked back up. "Can you get that book for me?"

He looked up. 

"No."

I blinked.

"Why not?"

"Cause...I can't reach it," he looked down. "I'm like an inch taller than you."

I tried to contain my laughter, but I couldn't.

"Hey! It's not funny! It's not my fault I'm short," he was smiling too now. "Whatever romantic things you've read about tall men and getting books for their lover is all fake. I'm short."

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Okay then," I bit my lip, trying to figure out how to get the book down. As you can tell, I was desperate.