𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Park Chaeyoung

"And I'm not saying I don't enjoy sex, but I don't want it to be all about sex," Chan finished. The rest of the boys murmured in agreement and put in some advice. 

I gave a sigh and leaned against the table. I had been dragged along with Hyunjin to the library, only for him to hang out with his friends, and force me to stay and listen to Chan complain about his love life, as if I didn't have my own problems. 

They had now moved onto a conversation about women's preferences.

"I have no idea what you mean," Changbin protested. "Ice cream over bubble tea!"

"No way, women prefer bubble tea," Jisung argued. I rolled my eyes.

"Then women mentally unstable."

"I mean I agree but...Chaeyoung do you prefer ice cream or bubble tea?" Jisung asked, turning to me.

"Uhm...ice cream I guess?" I shrugged, trying not to meet Minho's eye.

"See, ice cream is better!" Changbin said.

"One person's opinion doesn't-"

"Uhm, hello?" Chan clapped his hands. "You're getting sidetracked."

"Oh right," Hyunjin rolled his eyes. "Take her out on a date and talk to her about it."

"What, and get dumped on the same date?" Chan scoffed.

"Well is it not better than-"

"This conversation is boring me," Seungmin interrupted, getting a book off of the shelf. "You guys just need to man up."

"We're trying."

"Yeah sure," he tossed Chan the book.

"What the fuck is this?"

"A romance book, from her perspective," Seungmin said.

"How does that help?"

"It doesn't."

They all gave frustrated sighs and Chan put the book down on the table behind him. 

"Maybe we should stick to being fuck buddies," Chan mumbled.

"Yeah, good idea," Jeongin piped in. "Now stop whining over your sex life, we're bored."

"Fine, let's talk about someone else's love life then!"

I feel targeted. 

I glanced at Hyunjin, who shook his head slightly. 

"Minho?" A girl popped her head round the bookshelf. "Can I borrow you for a sec?"

"I'm yours," he said, following her around the shelf. 

I'm yours. 

I'm yours.

I'm yours.

I'm yours.

I'm yours.

I'm yours.

I'm yours.

Those words echoed through my mind. I'm yours. 

I raised an eyebrow as he walked away. My heart sank all the way down into my stomach.

I'm yours.

So Hyunjin was wrong. Minho didn't care, he just wanted to lead me on only to do that. Pathetic. I felt betrayed, even though I shouldn't have felt betrayed, he owed me nothing. We were nothing. Whatever flirting we had done with each other meant nothing.