𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

summary: y/n thinks mason is cheating on him with her best friend, but she is very very wrong
genre: angst, fluff at the end
warnings: fighting, swearing, full teenage angst shebang.
requested by walkersfavgf thank you sm!! hope it's good
also if you don't know this song you're obviously not my target audience:) xoxo
(jk please don't leave i have attachment issues😄)
- 💌 -

mason kissed my forehead before going into the bathroom to shower. i smiled at his cheesiness and continued watching how to lose a guy in ten days.

he's been so sweet recetnly. i mean he always was, but he says he's planning something for my birthday next week and since then has not stopped paying attention to me.

mason's phone kept going off repeatedly on the bed beside me. this wasn't unusual so i thought he'd just posted on instagram or something and left it. but it just kept buzzing. i wondered what he had posted that had gotten this much attention.

eventually, curiosity got the better of me.

i pick up his phone and check the notifications, expecting them all to be from instagram, but they were all from snapchat. weird, he's normally on imessages. why would anyone be messaging him on snapchat? i pressed the notification and opened his phone; the name that popped up only added to my confusion.

my best friend, with a heart next to it.

i scrolled through the chats to see multiple links sent from y/b/f over the last few days.

my best friend has been sending mason a load of links to random websites i'd never heard of before. scrolling down, i saw one that caught my eye: www.sexylingerie.com. okay what the fuck? why was my best friend sending lingerie links to my boyfriend?

the last message was enough proof i needed.

----

y/b/f/n❤️

link.com
link.com
link.com
link.com
www.sexylingerie.com
please don't tell y/n she might kill me

----

i felt a hot tear roll down my cheek as my eyebrows furrowed together in rage. why would they do this to me? what did i ever do to them?

i pulled out my own phone and dialled y/b/f's number immediately. she picked up after a few rings with a "hey girl how's it going?"

better if you weren't sending lingerie pics to my boyfriend i thought.

"all good gorgeous what about you?" i lied through gritted teeth. "have you spoken to mason recently?" the other line went dead silent for a moment. i didn't even hear her breathing.

eventually she replied with a "nope, why?" that was forcefully trying to cover something up.

"well, i was going through his snap," i paused, y/b/f said nothing. "and i saw that you send him a load of links, one of them being lingerie."

"y/n-" she tried but i wouldn't listen.

"and then! and then you sent him a message saying please don't tell y/n, she might kill me." i rolled my eyes. "that doesn't sound like you haven't spoken to him in a while, does it?"

"y/n listen-" y/b/f tried to speak again but was interrupted by mason walking out of the bathroom.

"hey guess who it is y/b/f, it's mason! you remember my boyfriend mason right?"

"you've got it all wrong here y/n."

"what's going on?" mason asked, clueless. i scoff at him but he looked even more confused.

"since i've got nothing from y/b/f, would you like to tell me why she's been sending you links, specifically for lingerie, and then asking you not to tell me?" i stare at him coldly, knowing there is no going back from this although praying that there would be.

mason kept his confused look for a while before he started chuckling slightly, shaking his head at me as he laughed. "oh my god y/n." he laughed.

"what?" i said, impatient and unimpressed.

"y/b/f was sending me links to the stuff you want for your birthday! she didn't want me to say because when i asked for the links earlier she knew you'd be embarrassed about her sharing the lingerie you really wanted."

oh.

well shit.

"holy fuck. oh my god i'm so sorry, both of you, i didn't mean to be insecure i just, i read what i saw and it sounded suspicious and- oh god i'm sorry." i profusely apologised to the both of them at the same time. y/b/f sounded to be understanding, she knew where i was coming from and it did look a little weird.

mason still didn't look too satisfied when i hung up the phone on y/b/f. "you really think i'd just cheat like that?"

i sighed and got up from the bed, walking over and hugging his wet body. "no. i'm sorry for the way i reacted. genuinely i know you wouldn't want to hurt me like that. i have so much respect for you right now for not wanting to kill me for going through your phone too" mason laughs and eventually raised his arms and put them around my waist, slightly swaying us left and right.

"i forgive you baby. and i love you always."

i smile up at him and kiss along his jawline before kissing his lips passionately. "i love you more."

- 💌 -

also watched how to lose a guy in ten days for the first time today oh my GOD MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY AND AARON TAYLOR-JOHNSON IN THE SAME SAY?!?!?!?!?! I FEEL=BLESSED.

hope this was good!! thanks again walkersfavgf

the last two chaps were kinda long wtf is anyone missing preferences?? should i do more preferences??

"did you mean it? what you wrote, did you mean it?"
"i meant every word💗"
ben and andie - how to lose a guy in ten days
(that might not be how the scene went i forgot)