𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐔𝐏

summary: you're too tired but mason doesn't mind
genre: fluff
warnings: swearing, mention of being papped, mason in a tank top. (prepare yourselves pookies)

- 💌 -

it's been a long day.

mason and i got mobbed on the way out of our date at the cinema and it took us forever to get through all of those people. then i failed my MOT so i don't have a car for the next two weeks and will be having either an uber driver or i'll force mason to drive me around. then some idiot was driving way over the speed limit and would've crashed into us if they didn't swerve at the time that they did.

obviously the outside world wasn't loving us today, so we went home and sat down and watched tv until we fell asleep. okay well, i fell asleep.

it's been a long day.

i stirred when i felt someone shaking me awake gently. i open my eyes to see mason smiling at me softly.

"do you want any dinner?" he asks me, almost whispering. he strokes my hair out of my face

"what is it?" i reply, my voice groggy and sleepy. i didn't realise i'd slept for so long. i run my eyes, definitely ruining my mascara in the process.

"spaghetti and meatballs are in the fridge but if we don't want to cook i can go out and find some meal deals or something," mason smiles wider at me, making me give him a small smile back. his voice never raises from a small whisper and i practically melt at his sweetness.

"no we can cook," i say, clearing my throat and getting up. mason takes my hand and we both walk to the kitchen together.

we're currently making dinner; i'm rolling the mince into circles as mason is making the sauce before we put any noodles in. i'll be honest, i'm falling asleep over here and i think mase is starting to notice but i don't want to leave him on his own to make dinner for us.

one of mason's hands goes around my waist as the other stays stationary, stirring the sauce. "you can go back to sleep, baby. it's okay."

"no it's fine i'm wide awake i'm all good," i reply while rolling the last of the meat into a ball. i'm not looking at him but i feel hand hands leave my hip. and when i do look over, he isn't there. "mason?" i call out uncertainly. "mase?"

i suddenly feel two arms snaking their way around my body and a head resting on my shoulder. "go back to sleep pretty girl. just for twenty minutes, then you can come back and stir the spaghetti, yeah?" i wriggle a little because of his voice, low and sexy and convincing. "sound good?" he asks again.

"yeah okay, wake me up though," i say softly, not wanting to break the peace.

mason chuckles. "okay will do," he manages to pick me up from behind. his arms go under my knees and mine fall around his neck.

mason carries me to our room. he lays me on one side of the bed, peels the covers from the other side away and then picks me up the same way and places me down on my side. he pulls the covers back over me, give me a kiss on the forehead and walks out, closing the door behind him. i smile and think of him as i drift off to sleep.

when i wake back up, the sun doesn't shine through the curtains anymore. i worry as i peel back the comforter and my feet hit the cold floor, slowly walking out through the hallway and into the kitchen.

mason hears my trailing footsteps and turns his head around to face me. "just in time." he calls out to me, turning his attention back to the stove. he still has his black tank top and grey sweats on,but now he has a dish towel thrown over his shoulder.

holy fuck.

i walk up to him and put my arms around his waist. "hey gorgeous." he turns around and kisses me softly before unfeeling my hands from around him and taking two steaming plates to the table. "sleep okay?" he asks.

i can't answer. my breath is caught in my throat. my brain can't register literally anything else. my heart is literally about to shatter.

he made dinner.

it was so easy for him to go down the hall and wake me up so he didn't have to do it by himself, but he didn't. he did it for me, so i could sleep.

mason turns around after setting the plates down to me jumping into his arms at full force. he only just catches me in time before i fall straight back down. he holds me in his arms and my feet cross behind his back. "thank you." i kiss his neck gently.

he pulls further back so he can kiss my lips. "well i wasn't gonna wake you up was i?" he sets me down onto one of the chairs at the table before making his way around to his own.

he's so sweet and pretty and thoughtful. what did i do to deserve him?

"y/n, you're freaking me out sweetheart please stop staring."

i snort as i pick up my cutlery and get a forkful of spaghetti and sauce.

- 💌 -

awwww this is cute.

realised as i was writing this that i haven't used nicknames in so long and i missed them.

apparently wattpad is getting rid of dms in like five days?? for why??

ALSO ME AND MY FRIENDS DID THE CANDY SALAD AT OUR SLEEPOVER LAST NIGHT AND THE VIDEO IS FUCKING HILARIOUS.

and the sleepover was at mine so i got to keep the candy salad😝

"you wanted it to be a surprise💗"
monica geller - friends