𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

summary: mason meets your brothers
genre: fluff
warnings: shouting if that is one.

- 💌 -

mason had come over to my house yesterday to meet my parents. it went well and they both liked him so much so they offered for him to stay over (with the door open of course). my little brother joey was at a sleepover and my older brother ross was at his girlfriend's house.

i could say that i woke up to mason's arm around me while the sun leaked through a gap in my curtains and the birds chirped sweetly outside.

but that would be very wrong.

those cute tweeting birds were muted by my little brother's shouting as he ripped open the curtains and let the natural light blind us. mason and i shared a groan as my brother joey kept screaming the house down. i did not miss this part of being home. "joey can you leave please? you're very loud considering it's-" i checked my alarm clock. "9 in the morning."

joey turned around and faced the bed. when he saw mason, his smile dropped and a rising blush on his face replaced it. suddenly silent, he gave me a thumbs up, shut the curtains and left. i shook my head and chuckled as i turned back around to hug mason. "i'm so sorry, i don't think he would've done that if he'd known your were here."

mason smiled at me while his eyes were still closed, "don't worry, brooke would've done that whether you were over or not."

i giggled and laid back down next to him. "your morning voice is so pretty." mason smirked and stretched his arm back over me.

"and my normal voice isn't?" i rolled my eyes and smiled at him. and just as we were falling back asleep...

"Y/N! BREAKFAST!"

i groaned again and sat up. as i was about to get out of bed i felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me back in making me laugh. "mase i'm hungry." and i immediately regretted it.

"hi hungry i'm mason," he said with a proud little smirk on his face. i slapped him straight on the shoulder and his eyes shot open. "hey! what was that for?" i smiled and got out of bed to run a brush through my hair.

"you were standing in the way of me and my breakfast, i had to intervine." he couldn't argue with that. eventually he got up too and looked for a t-shirt to put on seeing as i stole his zip-up jacket.

the smell of bacon creeped into my room and with that i excitedly pulled mason down the stairs and into the kitchen. my dad turned around and smiled at us, "mason, how do you like your eggs?"

"uh, fried please, if that's good." my dad nodded while still dancing along to whatever 70's music was playing and cracking an egg into a pan on the stove. mason and i sat down at the table where my little brother was drawing and my mum was on her phone. and then there was ross staring mason down from across the dining table. mason cleared his throat, "hi i'm mason, i don't think we've met."

ross stared at mason's outstretched hand before shaking it almost cautiously. "nice to meet you mark, i'm ross."

i rolled my eyes, "ross you're making this awkward for everyone just get over yourself."

"well, good morning to you too." he sneered. i looked over to my mum as she watched the whole thing and she smacked ross on him arm, causing him to cringe. "what was that for?"

my mum just looked at him. "ross stop being rude to your sister's boyfriend, he's very lovely." she smiled at mason and turned her attention to joey, congratulating him on his drawing. i poked my tongue out at ross and he did the same.

when i looked back to mason he had his head down. "you okay?" he nodded and gave me a little (unreassuring) smile. "ross is a bit like a bug, if you ignore it, it goes away. just don't let him get to you, he's trying to intimidate you." mason grabbed my hand under the table and smiled at me again.

breakfast was more of the same awkward silence and staring but at least the food was good. i kept a close watch (death stare) on ross as i ate my eggs and talked to mason. "so, matthew," ross said. i rolled my eyes: he's done that on purpose.

"it's mason," he said with a small, polite smile. ross death stared him then looked down at his plate, grabbing a forkful of eggs.

"hm, what do you do? for uh," he looked back up at mason. "for work?" he shovelled his eggs in his mouth, never losing eye contact. mason rubbed his palms on his legs. i'd had enough at this point.

i smacked my hands on the table, "ross leave him alone, you're just being an ass and it's really not working. i wasn't like this to you when we met your girlfriend so why are you doing this to him? let him be for god's sake!" everyone around the table stayed silent. their heads flicked between me and ross as i stared him down. he broke eye contact and sat back up in his chair.

"i'm sorry, both of you." i was shocked he backed down but i stayed composed.

"thank you." more silence remained but now it wasn't awkward. "and joey i'm sorry for saying ass." i said giving the 9 year old a pound to put in the swear jar. he just looked at it. "what?"

"you said it again, technically that's two pounds." i rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair.

"how about one pound and you can have my eggs?"

eventually joey and mum went back to drawing, dad went back to eating and ross kept his head down. i turned to face mason,"are you okay?" he smiled at me, a real smile this time.

"yeah," he said in a quiet voice. "thank you babe."

i returned his smile and grabbed his hand. "anytime, just for you."

- 💌 -

i hate eggs ew

i burn, i pine, i perish💗
cameron james - ten things i hate about you