𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊

summary: you try to prank mason by giving him the silent treatment
genre: fluff, angst?
warnings: conflict ig?

- 💌 -

"hey! hope you're all having a good day!" i say to camera as i wave. i clap my hands together, "so. i have been wanting to prank mason since he did the being rude to me to see if i'd notice thing, which was a little under a week ago. i don't really want to do like the cheating prank or the hickey prank, so i'm gonna do the silent treatment prank for as long as i can to see how he reacts."

the camera cuts to me creeping out of my room and talking quietly. "he's already downstairs so i don't know how i'm gonna hide the camera. maybe i could sneak it into the bookshelf on the wall somehow? that was face both us at the same time then. yeah okay i'll do that, wish me luck!"

i tiptoe down the stairs and quickly rush over to the bookshelf, pretending to look for a book to read but actually just trying to hide this giant-ass camera. when i was finally done, i grabbed a random book from the shelf and sat down as far away from mason as i could.

at first i don't think he even noticed but eventually he did ask why i was reading a gardening manual if we didn't have a garden. i tried my best not to react, even after he repeated himself. he seemed defeated when he went back to his movie and i took this as a win.

i got bored of pretend-reading so i put the book down and watched the film with mason. "oh, so basically this woman's mom died and then her daughter died and this other lady from her therapy group just taught her how to, like, connect with her dead daughter and speak to her and stuff." he looked over to check i was listening but i stayed staring at the tv. "um, when she did it just ended up freaking her son out who doesn't trust her because she tried to kill him when she was sleep-walking ages ago."

i could feel him looking at me but i kept ignoring him and watching the movie. "um, do you wanna cuddle? it's kinda scary." but i just kept staring at the tv. "babe what's wrong? why are you ignoring me?" i scoffed and stood up to return my book (take the camera back) and leave the room. as soon as i got to the first step i started laughing silently while i walked up the stairs.

i shut the door to our room and immediately burst out laughing. "his face, bless him! this is so funny, oh my god."

suddenly the door to our room burst open and mason walked in. "why are you ignoring me? i literally have not done anything wrong!" he was clearly annoyed but the game's the game so i turned back around and put the camera down subtly before flopping on the bed and checking my phone. mason pulled my phone down away from my face and threw it on the other side of the bed. "babe talk to me."

i got back up off of the bed to be pulled back down onto it again. mason laughed even though he was still upset but contained it at the last second. he put his mean face back on and said "i don't know what i've done, but i'm sorry."

but i wasn't done just yet. i grabbed my phone and camera and walked out of the room. just as i started giggling i heard footsteps behind me "what the hell! why are you ignoring me? i literally did nothing to you! i am so nice and caring to you and this is the shit i get back? great, just fucking great!"

i was genuinely startled by what mason was saying and knew i couldn't continue this any further. i turned around to look at him "babe, it-"

"no! don't babe me, there's really no need." and he barged in front of me and stomped down the stairs. i stood there looking at the camera then back to the stairs in pure shock. i sped down to the living room to find the tv paused and the room empty. i tried the kitchen but couldn't find mason there either. just as i was about to leave i saw his unruly hair through the balcony door. i ran out onto the balcony and sat down next to mason, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"i'm sorry it was just a prank, please don't be upset." i rushed the words out of my mouth faster than i could run.

he only giggled at me. "i know, you weren't very subtle putting the camera behind the books." let me tell you my jaw dropped to the floor. i pulled away and hit him on his shoulder.

"you knew the whole time?!" i ask, shocked. he kept laughing at me so i hit him again.

"yeah. but you're cute for trying," he said, kissing my temple, making me smile. i sighed and looked back at the camera.

"well that didn't go too well. anyways hope you enjoyed, um, whatever the fuck this was." mason giggled into my shoulder. "have a good day, bye!"

- 💌 -

  oh, there's one more thing i have to mention!
i love you,
bye💗
garnet - steven universe