𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑

summary: you and mason spend the first day of summer together
genre: fluff
warnings: none

- 💌 -

in my opinion, july 25th is the best day of the year: it's the day after the last day of school, it's when the weather finally starts to get better and it means summer has finally started.

i pressed play on my longest playlist as i laid on a towel i put on the floor of my garden, shades covering my eyes and my hair twisted into two braids to keep it off of my face.

my dog stirred awake and immediately got up, bounding over to the back gate and barking happily. i opened my eyes and turned my head to see mason walking toward me, the sun bouncing light off of his chains.

"move over," he said while laying down next to me. i lifted my head up and back down again as he put his arm around my shoulders. we laid peacefully for a while until mason's arm abruptly moved from behind me, making my head thump on the floor. "ahh shit!"

"what? what's wrong?" i asked concerned. i sat up next to him and rubbed his back gently as he covered his eyes. "mase?"

"shit, no i just opened my eyes, i'm good." he assured me. i can't help but giggle at him as i took my sunglasses off of my face, moved mason's hand and put the shades over his eyes.

"any better?" i asked with a grin which he returned back at me.

"much better," he took my cheek in his hand and kissed all over my face making me laugh as we fell back down onto the towel. eventually he pulled away and we both looked at each other happily before he kissed me one last time on my lips. "do you wanna go to the beach?"

my dog came running back over to us, panting from the heat. "for sure, but can we go later? i hate hot sand." i stand and pull mason up with me before leading the dog back into the house. i put some water into the dog bowl and put it down on the floor before turning back around to mason.

he's leaning on the doorframe, halfway in the house and halfway in the sun. "yeah sure baby." he walks over to me and puts his hands on my hips, holding onto the waistband of my denim shorts. "you look really good today."

i put my arms around his neck and pull him down to me, kissing him softly with a smirk. when we pull away i ask "just today? i don't look good everyday?"

i thought he would get flustered but he only pulls me closer with the same smirk. "you know you look good everyday baby." and i end up blushing instead of him. for the first time all day it's not just the sun that's getting me hot and bothered.

"shut up. you want a drink?" mason laughs at me as i pull away looking down at the floor. i grab a glass for myself and look back at him.

"yes please baby."

•••

"mason wait!" i shout at him as he peddles further away from me on my brother's bike that he's borrowing, but it only seems to make him go faster.

i peddle harder to try to catch up with him but eventually i give up and go at a normal pace, taking in the summer air around me. i smile at the sun that's just about to start setting and the pretty colours in the sky.

when i reach the bike racks next to the pier mason is leaning against them, his own bike already locked onto it. he pretends to snore as i approach him and get off my bike. when i smack his shoulder, his eyes open and he laughs, showing off his pretty smile.

after i make sure the padlocks on our bikes are secure, we get food on the pier and laugh as we shoo the seagulls away from our hot dogs. i struggle to save the onions falling off of mine as mason holds one of my hands across the table but i don't let go of him.

we buy an ice cream to share - after arguing about the best flavour for ten minutes - and make our way down to the beach. i take off my shoes and socks and i see mason run onto the sand with the towel he brought in the basket of his bike.

the sea rolls over the sand as mason and i talk and laugh with my head leant against his shoulder; our hands overlap as they rest on the towel, our fingers interlocking. "you wanna go in?" i ask, looking up at him. he looks back at me smiling and nudges my head with his shoulder, making me lift it up.

he takes off his shirt, leaving him in his swim trunks and i do the same. my clothes join his on the towel and i'm left in my swimsuit. mason holds out his hand and as soon as i grab it, he's pulling me down to the water.

we laugh and whoop as we run down the sparsely-populated beach and shriek as the cold water immediately hit our bodies. i know people watching us must think we're crazy or stupid, but i don't care. we keep running further in, never letting go of each other's hands.

when it gets a little too deep for me to stand with my head above the water, i cross my arms around mason's neck and my legs around his back. he holds me effortlessly and we just smile happily, occasionally exchanging kisses while looking at the sunset on the horizon.

i hope the rest of summer is just like today. and hopefully all the summers to come.

- 💌 -

i would learn how to ride a bike just so this would happen to me. I MISS SUMMER

ALSO thank you for 1k reads my loved you're my favourite people omfg

i'll post the second upload either later or tomorrow i forgot today was thursday lmfao sorry cuties

"It was a summer I would never, ever forget💗"
isabel conklin - the summer i turned pretty

(is tsitp good? i haven't seen it yet)