𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

summary: a cute little evening w you and mason
genre: fluff
warnings: description of a horror movie (the first scene of scream 1996)

- 💌 -

"mason you're going to miss it!"

"DON'T YOU DARE PLAY IT WITHOUT ME!"

i laughed at him as he skidded across the floor on his way to the sofa with two bowls in his hands. i saw when he sat down one was full of doritos and the other full of popcorn. "got enough there?" i tease as he pulled out a bag of sour patch kids from the left pocket of his hoodie and a bag of m&ms from the right one.

"shut up, not my fault you asked for the whole snack aisle." i laughed as i smacked his shoulder and opened the pizza box in front of us. we split the slices between us and clicked on the horror movie, mason putting his arm around me and over my shoulder. "hey i thought we were watching love at first sight!"

"we were but then i wanted to watch a horror so that's why scream is on right now." mason looks so done. "hey, you said you hate gore and this is a good starter movie for you. it's old so it's not actually that bad. it doesn't look all that real."

"you're talking like i wasn't in a horror movie." he chuckles but stops when he sees my serious face. "what?"

"you were kidnapped, not murdered. that's not gory." he scoffs at me like i'm crazy for even suggesting it.

"that's just as traumatising, if not even more traumatising! finney blake was 13 years old!"

"babe, it was more traumatic because he was alive to remember it! he wasn't brutally murdered, it's not the same thing." he literally grabs a pizza slice from my plate stuffs it in my much to shut me up. i wipe my face and smack his shoulder with the same hand, smearing his sweater with tomato sauce. he just looks at me shocked before pulling it off and throwing it somewhere behind the sofa, put his arm back around me while pressing play.

i put my plate down on mason's lap, leaving the pizza crusts for him. "you're not gonna eat those?" he asked.

"you know i'm not, go ahead."

"okay, pass the garlic mayo." i throw the little tub at him and it hits his chest. "hey! that hurt!" but i'm still sat pissing myself at the look on his face. he just ignores me and looks back to the tv. i lay my head on his chest behind me and hold the hand that's still draped over my shoulder. mason lowers his head to my ear and whispers "i love the way your hand fits in mine." and i literally couldn't breathe.

"aww mason that's so sweet." i look up at him smiling and press a sweet kiss to my lips. as much as my heart is pounding and my mind is racing, i look away from him and try to focus on the film.

a little while later, he starts to flinch as little scenes like where there's blood on the walls or something makes a sound from outside the house. eventually i've had enough of constantly being jerked up and down and turn to face him. "what on earth are you doing?"

he looks down at me through a gap in his hand that was covering his eyes. "this movie is fucking terrifying, but you like it so i'm trying to-" he looks back at the tv and quickly covers his face again. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" he screams through the house as someone ends up getting mutilated by the killer.

i giggle as i whisper up to him "that would be casey becker hanging from a tree..." mason looked down at me unimpressed. "...by her intestines." mason literally gagged and i started cackling at him as he was shouting something like "YOU SAID THIS WOULDN'T BE TOO BAD!" and "NO SERIOUSLY BABE I CAN TASTE THOSE PIZZA CRUSTS!" as he forced me off of the sofa to run to the bathroom, which only made me laugh harder. i was actually unable to breathe on the floor when he came back. "did you throw up?"

"...yes."

"AHAHAHAHAHA"

- 💌 -

hey cuties! i forgot i was making thursdays my publishing days so that's why this is going out on friday. i might actually make fridays my publishing days just bc it'll be easier but you'll find out😭

"i'm down for a cheesy rom-com, as long as there's a happy ending💗."
hadley sullivan - love at first sight