XIII

CHAPTER XIII
————————————————————
WEDNESDAY
————————————————————

THE MORNING LIGHT BLARED THROUGH THE WINDOWS, and from waking up early for so long, my body woke up by itself.
My back was against Satoru, his arm around my waist, and memories from the night before rushed back.

I carefully pulled away from his arms and tip-toed to the bathroom, where I found a plethora of brand-new toiletries that could be used.
So I brushed my teeth, did my hair and washed my face, cleaning off all of yesterday.

I walked into the lounge to look for my phone in order to check the time, and it boldly displayed six AM.
I brought my phone back with me to the room I was staying in and sat on the bed against the headboard, checking my phone while Satoru still slept.

The thought of work plagued my mind, and I really didn't want to go in, especially hung over.
Eric would probably kill me if I came in or not, but maybe I can find a loophole.

A groan was heard from the man next to me, I looked to my side and watched him open his eyes.
"Morning, Angel." he smiled at me, yawning out of tiredness.

"Morning, handsome." I grinned and placed my hand on his head, finally getting a feel of his white locks.
They were soft, and the colour was definitely real.
Not a different colour root in sight.

"I like that one, you should keep calling me that." he chuckled and lifted his upper half up to also rest against the headboard.

"I have to get ready for work, but I feel like shit." I groaned in frustration over the headache that was taking over.

"Work from here, I have an office." he shrugged, easily solving a problem and finding the loophole I was looking for.

"Thank you...are you sure?" I asked him since he's been nice enough to not only let me stay here but also let me use his office.

"Yeah, I would kind of prefer you here where I can speak to you all the time instead of being at work." he took my hand and held it.

"Why do you like my company so much?" I looked at him questioningly and he thought for a moment before continuing.

"I'm lonely, you're lonely, and that solves both of our problems." he laughed and got up from the bed, bringing me along with him, still hand in hand.

He led me to the kitchen, where I sat on a bar stool while he worked at the coffee machine.

"Coffee?" he offered and I accepted, watching him as he got two mugs out of the cupboard.

Megumi came out of his room tiredly, dressed in his school uniform.
He stopped when he spotted me in the kitchen, wearing clothes too big for me.
He came and sat next to me, asking Satoru for a coffee too.

"How come you stayed over?" he asked me and before I could answer, Satoru did so for me.

"Neither of us could drive, we drank too much." he bluntly said I felt embarrassed.

"What about Nanami and Suguru? Why'd they go home?" he asked again.

"Nanami lives on the other side of town, and Suguru was fighting with his girlfriend." Satoru shook his head with a chuckle.

"That woman is a pain, seriously." Megumi rolled his eyes and my eyebrows were furrowed.

"How do you know her?" I enquired while sipping at the already-made coffee.

"She stopped me in the road when I was my friends, asking me if I had seen Suguru around. And she was so fucking insistent." Megumi laughed sarcastically.

"Don't swear around guests." Satoru frowned and the boy raised his eyebrows at him.

"She's not a guest anymore." he crossed his arms and I felt a bit bad since I have been over a lot this week.
"But you're cool though, if I didn't like you I wouldn't be speaking to you," he added and I felt reassured.

"Your driver is almost here, you ready?" Satoru asked him and Megumi nodded.

"I'll pick you up today, I'll be there by three." Satoru let him know and Megumi got up from the stool and quickly walked to his room to get his bag.

He came back, finished his coffee, bid his goodbyes and quickly exited the house, leaving Satoru and me alone again.

He left the kitchen and came behind me, wrapping his arms around me and placing his head in the crook of my neck.
I kissed his cheek and got out of my seat, standing in order to be in his arms properly.

"Let's pick up Megumi together, maybe we can go to the beach after." he looked at me and smiled, swaying me slowly.

"Let me show you my office, come with me." he led me in the opposite direction of the lounge and brought me to a wide room with plenty of workspace.

"Your house is so beautiful Satoru...like I can't believe it." I chuckled as I sat down at the desk, staring at the surrounding room.

"You should see my beach house, I'll take you there sometime." he walked and stood behind me, rubbing a hand on my back.

"What will you do while I work?" I asked him and he shrugged.
"Probably clean, watch Ozark, make food, be a house husband." he grinned and turned on the computer for me.

"I'm going to have to get changed, I can't go out wearing this or my uniform." I shook my head and Satoru looked me up and down.

"I'll take you home to get some clothes or something...or do you want to leave me." he had a joking frown on his face.

"No I don't- I'm just worried that I'm imposing in your life and stuff," I explained and he put his hand on my head, rubbing it slightly.

"I like you being here, you're not imposing." he smiled and walked away, leaving me to work.

I LIKE THIS LIFE.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS

LET THE LIGHT IN || GOJO SATORU ||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें