VIII

CHAPTER VIII
————————————————————
MONDAY
————————————————————

THE DRIVE TO HIS PENTHOUSE WAS FULL OF CHATTER, there was not a dull moment for the entire ride.

"Where's Suguru? Is he going to join us today?" I asked Satoru, and he shrugged picking up his phone and calling him.

"What's up?" he asked, sounding unbothered.

"Taking Y/n to my house, what are you doing?" Satoru asked him.

"Spending the day with my girlfriend, she's mad at me." there was a slight chuckle on the other line.

"That sounds like a hassle, anyways you're invited any time." he rolled his eyes.

"It doesn't look like I'll be able to join, she's glaring at me from the other side of the room."

"Well I'll see you tomorrow at work, enjoy your day." he held back a laugh.

"Enjoy your date with Y/n." Suguru snickered, and the sound of his girlfriend shouting at him was the last thing we heard before he hung up.

A small blush dotted my cheeks over his words, and Satoru laughed at the comment his friend made.

"I wonder why his girlfriend is mad at him...what is there to be mad at?" I asked him, and gave me a look and snorted; which made me worried.

"Who does he call gorgeous?" he asked me and I sat in my seat, feeling small.
I couldn't reply because I felt embarrassed.

"Suguru and his girlfriend have been together for a while now, and not once have I heard him call her the nickname gorgeous." he shook his head, thinking of his friend.

"But the nickname is from an inside joke! Plus how would she know that he calls me that-" I stopped mid-sentence, thinking back to this morning when he called me when I woke up and the first thing he said was the silly nickname.

"What? Tell me." he had a smirk on his face, realising that I was keeping the entire story from him.

"He called me this morning...and I think his girlfriend was in bed with him while we spoke." my eyes were wide, my hands covered my face in complete embarrassment.

"Ooh you're the reason they're fighting now, how does that feel?" he had a shit-eating grin pasted on his face, which made me feel worse about the situation.

"Satoru shut up." I glared at him and looked out the window, feeling his childish smile on my back.

We arrived at the building that he lives in and parked underground; once the car parked we left it and went up to his penthouse.

We entered through the door and took our shoes off, and I hung my coat on the rack.
I placed my work bag on a bar stool around the kitchen counter.
Satoru unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt and I did the same for comfort.

My feet felt comfortable through my tights on the crème carpeted floors that covered most of the house.
The early light of the morning shone through the floor-to-ceiling windows that surrounded the entire house.

"Where's Megumi?" I asked Satoru, leaning against the kitchen counter as he came out of his room without his glasses on, and my breath silently hitched as I saw his eyes again.

"He's at school, so the house is empty for the day." he sounded relieved and walked over to the couch to sit down and I followed, sitting next to him but not too close.

He rested his feet on the ottoman and had his arm on the rim of the couch, looking at his phone.

"What's his school like? You went there with Suguru right?" I asked him and he turned his phone off, tossing it on the side.

"Private, religious...Suguru and I stayed in the dorms, however, Megumi isn't, since I like the company." I tapped his chin, thinking back to his high school days.

"If I had a kid, I'd also prefer for them to stay with me because of the company." I smiled and fixed my skirt down, which was rising up my thighs.

"Your company is nice too, you're not hard to please." he picked up a strand of my hair and twirled it in his fingers.

"I guess I'm easy to please because I desperately seek for company due to being lonely for most of the time." I looked out of the window, remembering the amount of times I've cried alone in my house due to being alone.

"You won't have to be lonely for much longer, Angel," he smirked and my heart stopped at the new pet name he had just called me.
The blush on my cheeks became a hot red, and my body heated up along with it.

"Is it hot in here or am I tweaking." I fanned myself with my hands while chuckling nervously.

"I think it's just you, I'm pretty cold if anything." he laughed at my reactions and leaned his head back on the rim of the couch, making his Adam's apple visible.
The heat of my body increased and I felt my insides boiling.

He turned his face so our eyes met, and my nervousness was through the roof.
His arm that sat on the rim extended further to keep playing with that singular strand of hair, and he somehow managed to get me to sit closer to him.

Now I sat almost glued next to him, with his arm over my shoulder still playing with my hair; and he seemed incredibly casual through his actions.

I felt myself ease into the couch, exhaling deeply and making myself calm down more, even though I had the side of my body pressed up against him.

He switched the TV on and played something to fill the comfortable silence.
He got comfortable in his position and I gathered the courage to move my body slightly downwards, resting my head in the crook between his shoulder and his chest, leaning more towards his chest than anything.
He smelt good, the scent of a cologne I wouldn't quite pin down to the name.

"STAY FOR DINNER."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS