XI

CHAPTER XI
————————————————————
TUESDAY
————————————————————

IN THE LAST FLOOR OF THE BUILDING I SAT NEXT TO GOJO SATORU, typing out a document that was long overdue.

The main office was spacious, and decorated but not to Satoru's liking.
I had a chair next to his, I was typing away on his laptop while he had his feet rested on the desk, watching something on his phone.

I mumbled words from the document incoherently, trying to drown out the sound of the show that he was watching.
Satoru tapped his chin, glancing over to his MacBook every once in a while, and I could see his glance through the screen reflection.

He wore a different kind of glasses, blue ray glasses so he could look at screens better or something. He didn't explain why he wore them to me.

"Want anything to eat? It's getting to the time when you should have some lunch." he offered me but I was still focused on my work.

"Angel," he called out again and I snapped out of my trance, turning my head to face him with a smile.

"Oh...yeah sure you can order something, I'm fine with anything." I gave him a thumbs up and went back to typing, and he shrugged in approval.

"You're cute when you work, seeing you all focused." he giggled with his arms crossed, resting his phone against his leg while his show kept playing.
I chuckled at his compliment and smiled as I typed.

"Have you watched Ozark yet?" he asked me and I turned around again to answer him.
"I don't know...maybe? Don't remember." I thought back but nothing came to mind.

"We should watch it, I think you'll like it. It's about money laundering," he explained and I raised my eyebrows, not looking too impressed.

"Handy information...and Gojo Satoru wants to learn how to launder money why?" I laughed and he rolled his eyes, pushing me to turn back to the laptop.
"Shut up and do your work." he chuckled and kept watching.

A little while passed and I finally wrote the last word of the document, and I exhaled out of victory.
Satoru looked over at me and smiled, seeing I had accomplished the task that I put off for days.

"Food is here soon, glad you got it done." he reached his arm over to rest on the rim of my chair, rubbing his thumb on my shoulder.

"Satoru...if you had a favourite designer brand...what would it be?" I asked him and he didn't take long to answer, almost as if he prepared for his question beforehand.

"Prada, my shoes are from them." he lifted his foot, showing me his blacked-out Prada boots that I never noticed before.

The door opened and Suguru came through, holding a paper bag with food in it.
Nanami was behind him and followed.
Satoru took his arm away from me and sat properly, anticipating the food that he ordered.

"What's this?" I asked as Suguru placed it down on the desk, taking the goods and laying them out.

"Some local health restaurant recently opened." Suguru shrugged.
"They make the best smoothies, you won't regret it." Satoru handed me one with a straw.

Nanami brought two chairs so he and Suguru could sit as they ate.
There was a selection of wraps, poke bowls, and salads, along with the stars of the show, the smoothies.

I drank from the cup and was pleasantly surprised with it, giving the three men a thumbs-up of approval.
Satoru giggled as he sipped at his straw.

"Keep a wrap and a smoothie for Megumi, he's going to be hungry when he gets home," he asked Megumi and he nodded, putting aside two items for the boy.

"Also since we've finished for the day, we can go back to my place after this," Satoru added, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"It's three in the afternoon...we aren't finished with the work day?" I looked at the time on my phone, which clearly didn't say five o'clock.

"You finished your document, Suguru is caught up, and Nanami is just trialling today," Satoru explained, and I nodded in approval, happy that I got to leave work early again.

• • •

We all arrived at Satoru's penthouse in our separate cars, and I greeted Megumi, who was sitting on a bar stool watching something on his phone.

I handed him the bag of food from the restaurant we had eaten from earlier and he seemed very happy, thanking all of us profusely.

I sat down on the stool left to him, paying attention to Satoru who was getting glasses and drinks ready.

"I love this place, it's like my favourite thing to eat," Megumi spoke to me pointing at the food with a wide smile on his face.

"I tried it for the first time today, I also think it's pretty good," I told him and he took a bite from the wrap, enjoying every chew.

"Better than whatever you guys were eating yesterday." he chuckled and Satoru looked offended, defending the meal he prepared yesterday.

"You'd understand if you went on a date with a girl, wine and a charcuterie board are the pinnacle of romance." Satoru seemed so passionate over his charcuterie board that he might have spoken a few words he shouldn't have in front of his friends, and me.

"Date? Are you telling me that you and Miss L/n are going on dates?" Megumi looked shocked, speaking with his mouth full of food.

Embarrassment wasn't a word to describe my state, Suguru gave me a look that hinted at endless possibilities and I felt as if I was overheating.

Satoru was a mix of humiliated and proud of his words, and Nanami looked unbothered but also a bit shocked.

"Yes, Megumi, Y/n and I are going on dates," Satoru answered with not a hint of regret in his tone, and my face changed colour at the sudden revelation.

Suguru came to stand next to me and elbowed my sides in a teasing way.

ARE WE GOING ON DATES?
————————————————————
@SCYKHS