III

CHAPTER III
————————————————————
SUNDAY
————————————————————

SOMEHOW I GOT HOME AND WOKE UP IN MY BED, I think I got too carried away with the drinks.
Now I pay for that with a headache so early in the morning.

Speaking about paying...I don't think I spent a cent last night, I'm pretty sure Gojo ended up paying for me out of courtesy.
I'm glad he did, I wouldn't have been able to pay for my drinks alone.

Yet I blame him for getting me hooked on those cocktails, so I guess him paying for my drinks were the repercussions of his actions.

My apartment was quiet, melancholy from the lack of action. I was a lonely person, living alone in my world. The only social life I had was work, and I hated my job.

Sitting in front of a computer for most of my day, to only arrive home at six to an empty apartment, one that has been neglected from lack of presence.

The people around me are getting married, having kids and living a happy life without the burden of working a nine-to-five. Yet I'm still working my fucking ass off to only provide for myself, and I make enough to provide for someone else.

I just don't have the time to have a partner, I would never get to spend time with them, seeing the job I have.
I feel that nobody would be able to love me if they only saw me for a select few hours of the day.

I should be happy that I live the life I do, but I'm not.
I'm lonely, and the last thing I am is at peace; since I can't follow my interests or pursue hobbies or do anything I want.

I want someone, anyone, to take me out of this hole I live in, and show me what it truly means to live a life without worries. I would do anything for that, I'd give up the life I have now to change my current fate.

My phone began ringing and I picked it up with a groan, listening out for the voice on the other line.

"How'd you sleep, gorgeous?" Suguru's voice was raspy, and I smiled on my side of the phone after hearing him.

"How'd I get home is the real question." I chuckled.

"I'm picking you up in an hour...be ready."

"Suguru it's barely seven in the morning." I furrowed my eyebrows, protesting against the idea of being picked up so early.

"Gojo's orders."

"I'll be ready..." I laughed and said goodbye before hanging up and throwing my phone aside, rising from my bed with a stretch.

I walked over to my bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror, focusing on my rough features after last night.
The thought of last night came back to mind, and I felt my soul crumble away from embarrassment.

Thinking about some of the stupid things I said while being drunk made me want to never want to drink again.
Especially not in front of Gojo Satoru.

"I need a shower." I laughed to myself, hoping this shower could get rid of the embarrassment of last night, and I grabbed my towel that hung over my doorframe.

• • •

Suguru had his car parked outside of my apartment building, and he came up to my door to take me with him.

I opened the front door and greeted him, and he looked more put together than usual. Maybe it's because of Gojo.
However, I also managed to fix myself up for today, since we're going with a model and everything.

"Ready to go?" he teased me for looking at my reflection in the mirror.
I nodded and followed him out of my apartment, closing and locking my door behind me.

"You have a nice apartment, such a shame you live alone." Suguru laughed, which earned him an eye-roll from me while we into the elevator.

"I don't have enough time for a partner really, work takes it all up." I shook my head in disappointment, imagining what my future could look like if I managed to find a partner before my looks went sour.

"You know Y/n...it weird to say, but if you manage to charm Satoru; he could change your entire life." he began, and he caught my attention immediately.

"You always complain about your job and life...and he could change all of that in an instant, he could let you live out the rest of your life without ever having to worry about work or money again," Suguru explained.

"I have no chance, it's Gojo Satoru. Our soon-to-be head of company, vogue model and who knows what else." I looked away, saddened by my lack of chance at even scoring him.

"We're only here right now because he wants to get to know you, not me, you." he reminded me, but I didn't exactly believe his words entirely.

"You're his best friend or some shit, it's not just me." I laughed it off as we reached the ground floor and walked to his car. Which was a black Audi, which suited Suguru well.

"Exactly, I'm his best friend, he knows everything about me. But he doesn't know you, Y/n." he pointed at me, and my cheeks flushed a shade of red. Yet I kept denying his words.

"What is desirable about me? He met me yesterday." I crossed his arms while getting into the passenger seat of the car.

"Your humility, your authenticity, your humour, your looks, everything. I don't call you gorgeous because I don't mean it." Suguru laughed and I looked away in embarrassment.

"Stop being a flirt, Suguru." I shook my head with a laugh, but he kept a teasing smile on his face.

"I mean everything I say, but I really want you to maybe try your chances with Gojo. It could change your whole life. Y/n." he said before beginning to drive.

IT COULD CHANGE MY WHOLE LIFE.
————————————————————
@SCYKHS