XII

CHAPTER XII
————————————————————
TUESDAY
————————————————————

THE EVENING BEGAN SMOOTHLY, even after my internal system shut down after Satoru outright admitted to going out with me.

We started off with Gin and tonics, which makes me speculate if Satoru is trying to turn us into alcoholics.
I won't complain though, I'm quite happy drinking every day.
I'm kidding.

Suguru's girlfriend kept calling him, and every time he would answer, he would have to go to another room.
And every time he came back, he'd be more frustrated.

"Look Satoru, I can't drink anymore after this. I still need to drive home." Nanami explained and Satoru sadly agreed with him.

"You're on your second drink right?" he asked and Nanami nodded, showing his almost empty glass.
"And you, Angel?" he turned to me and I smiled while looking away.
"I'm on my second drink too." I lifted the glass to show him the remaining amount left.

Suguru came back, phone in hand and he looked like he was about to actually lose it.
He threw his phone across the room and onto the couch, then returned to the kitchen to down his drink.

"This fucking chick...she's driving me crazy!" Suguru sighed into his palms and groaned afterwards, expressing his frustration with his girlfriend.

I didn't know he and his girlfriend were like this, however, a feeling of guilt boiled at the bottom of my gut, hoping and praying that I wasn't the root of the cause.
I mean calling another woman a nickname that implies much more than just a tease while having a girlfriend definitely is something that shouldn't be done.

His phone began ringing again and he looked at the couch angrily, as if the couch had done something to personally attack him.

"I have to go home, sorry guys." Suguru grabbed his phone and coat, bidding his goodbyes to everyone and leaving in a rush.

"How many did he have?" I asked Satoru and he answered with his fingers, displaying a single one.
I was concerned about him driving home under the influence.

"Nanami, are you married?" I asked the blondie, staring at the ring on the finger he tapped against the counter.

"Engaged," he replied, showing me his finger with a slight smile and I couldn't help but feel happy for him.
Even though I was extremely envious.

"She's a lovely woman, you'd like her, Y/n." Satoru swirled his glass and finished the remaining bit.

Time passed and it began getting late, Nanami seemed sober enough to drive and he began gathering himself to leave.

Satoru walked him out, leaving me on the couch, probably on my fourth gin and tonic.

He came back not long later and began cleaning up the kitchen, making sure it looked presentable for the following day.

He dimmed the lights that weren't in use, giving the house a still feeling.
It was pleasant, with the city lights in the distance.

He went to his room and came out wearing something more comfortable, which was a new sight for me.
He came and sat next to me on the couch.

"I don't think I'll be able to drive." I giggled to myself, placing my glass down on the coffee table and getting comfy.

"Stay here then...I have a guest bedroom." he offered and I gave him a look, asking if it was really okay for me to stay and he nodded in response.

"I'll give you clothes and shit, but there's everything you need in that bedroom, it comes with a bathroom too." Satoru grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the couch, leading me to the guest room.
I can't lie, looked better than my room back home.

He quickly ran back to his room bringing back something for me to wear and tossed it on the bed for me to use later.

"Thank you so much Satoru." I turned to him and hugged him tightly, but I didn't feel like leaving the embrace.
He hugged me back, holding me close to him.

We stayed put for a while until he broke the embrace and led me closer to the bed and he flopped down on it.
And so like any smart person, I joined him.

We lay next to each other on our sides, close but not far.
Comfortable, with a free arm in between us.
He held my hand, intertwining the fingers and keeping quiet.

I inched my body closer to his, and he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him.
I rested my head against his chest, listening to his irregular heartbeat while he stroked my hair.

Time passed, and before I knew it we had both fallen asleep, however, I woke up sometime throughout the night to get changed out of my uniform.

I sat at the foot of the bed, unbuttoning my shirt to put on a t-shirt that obviously belonged to the man who owned the house, Satoru.

I slipped the shirt over my bra and took the bra off once the shirt was on, and then I unzipped my skirt, quickly slid my tights off and put on the pants he provided for me.

I felt drowsy from the alcohol, and so I turned around to take back my spot on the bed.
However, Satoru had his eyes open, which gave me a fright.
I felt a bit embarrassed, thinking he had just seen me get changed, however, he wouldn't have seen much, just my bare back with a bra.

He held himself up with his elbows, yawning from waking up and looking around a bit confusedly.
I crawled back on the bed and lay down next to him on my side, taking his hand in mine.

"Maybe I should go to my room." he had a tired voice, rubbing his eyes with a slight chuckle.

"Stay..." I squeezed his hand and he looked at me with a nod, positioning himself better on the bed, and I followed.

We were in a similar position as we were before we fell asleep, and we stared deeply into each other's eyes.

"Goodnight, Angel." he smiled at me and I smiled back, getting closer to him, lying against him.
His arm once again was around me, and I felt completely at peace.

WHAT IS THIS?
————————————————————
@SCYKHS