IX

CHAPTER IX
————————————————————
MONDAY
————————————————————

I WOKE UP IN A SIMILAR POSITION I FELL ASLEEP IN, however, Satoru had his arm around my body and I rested one of my hands on his chest.

He also woke up from the motion of me moving away from him, which was very hard to do since I didn't actually want to change position.

He grabbed his phone from the other side of the couch and checked the time, even though he had a watch around his wrist.

"Megumi is about to be home, luckily we woke up." he chuckled with a groggy voice, which was awfully attractive to me for some reason.

He sat up from the couch and began walking to the kitchen and I followed, sitting on a bar stool and holding my head up with both of my hands.

"Want a glass of wine?" he offered, taking a bottle of expensive-looking red wine out of the rack and two wine glasses.

"I won't say no," I chuckled and he placed the glass in front of me, pouring a little less than half a glass and swirled it for me.

"Are you hungry? It's late in the afternoon now and you haven't eaten since you got here," he asked me, and I nodded; hearing out the pleas for help coming from my stomach.

"Well...to go with the wine I could get a Charcuterie board ready, sounds good?" he leaned against the counter with his glass in hand, taking small sips.

"All that effort, you sure you want to do that?" I raised my eyebrows at him, but deep inside I really want him to prepare a board. It felt kind of romantic in a way, I liked it.

"Why not, got the shit in the fridge." he shrugged while walking towards it, taking out different types of cheeses, hams, breads, figs, and other types of fruits.

He began cutting most of it up and laying it down on a wooden board, making sure it looked visually appealing.
I had sips out of my glass of wine while I watched him prepare the board.

A little while passed and he was finished, placing the board in between us while he sat on a stool opposite me.
Seemed pretty romantic to me.

I grabbed pieces of the selection and ate it, keeping eye contact with him.
He had a smirk on his face and I kept composure in order to not have a nervous breakdown since I was in the presence of the most stunning man I'd ever laid my eyes on.

"What about work today? I got nothing done." I chuckled while thinking back to my interaction with Eric this morning.

"Don't worry about that, I have it sorted." I smiled at him and picked a grape off the stem.

The door suddenly opened and Megumi walked through in school uniform, noticing that there was more than just one person at home.

"Good afternoon, Miss L/n," he said while placing his school bag down on the floor, and walking to the kitchen to see what we were eating.

I greeted him and he seemed puzzled at the different foods and colours on the wooden board.

"The fuck are you eating." his eyebrows were furrowed and I let out a laugh while Satoru also couldn't hold it in.

"It's a charcuterie board, it's meant to be a mix of flavours," Satoru explained and Megumi shrugged, walking off to his room.
Satoru and I exchanged a look and giggled over the reaction of the boy.

A little while passed, and Megumi came out of his room wearing something more comfortable rather than a school uniform sat down next to me and took a piece of bread and ham off the board.

All three of us ate together, having casual and funny conversations; and I could feel that Megumi was warming up to me since he became more talkative with me.

Satoru was happy the entire time, he was especially glad over the fact that Megumi was getting to know me.
Well, that's what I could tell, the reason could be different.

• • •

It began getting late, and we had long finished eating; now it had come time for me to return back home.
He drove me back to the office to pick up my car and he still drove behind me back to my apartment building.

Satoru rode the elevator up to my floor with me after parking outside of the building while I parked underground.
He smiled at me and I looked away nervously.

The elevator opened and we made our way to my apartment door, where we stopped and looked at each other.
"Do you want to come in?" I asked him while I unlocked the door, trying to make the invite enticing for him.

"I won't say no..." he mimicked my previous words from earlier this afternoon with a grin on his face as I let him in, and he looked around at the decoration.

"Thank you for today, Satoru." I stood by the doorway and smiled as I watched him look around my house.
His head perked up and he walked towards me, bringing out his arms to hug me.

I gladly accepted the hug, wrapping my arms around his neck to ensure he would hold my waist like he did yesterday.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the embrace, and he trailed his hand down my back, breathing into my neck.
He kissed my cheek before we pulled away and he held my hand, keeping it between us as I looked up at him with a smile.

"Come over tomorrow night?" he asked me and I nodded, rubbing my thumb in the palm of his hand.

"Goodnight, Satoru." I closed the distance between us and rested my head on his chest, intertwining my fingers with his.

He used his free hand to stroke my hair and I smiled to myself, closing my eyes and enjoying the physical touch.

"GOODNIGHT, ANGEL."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS