VII

CHAPTER VII
————————————————————
MONDAY
————————————————————

I WOKE UP WITH A SMILE, however the sad reality of the world wiped it off before I could even get out of bed.
The fact that I have to go to work now makes me want to go back and not wake up.

Maybe I can go through with that plan I made for myself before Gojo took me out.
What was it again? Oh right! Chain-smoking cigarettes, day drinking and ripping bongs until I green out and fucking die.

I know it's getting old now, but it's something worth trying when you work for the manager I do.
The old sack of shit doesn't know how to keep it to himself.

My work uniform consisted of a blue thinly striped shirt tucked into a black pencil skirt with tights.
I wear my uniform with a coat due to the weather being colder than usual.
I don't know how to feel about my uniform, it's just something I have to wear.

I finished up my morning with something to drink and left my apartment looking cleaner than yesterday.
After heading down the elevator and reaching the underground parking of my apartment building, I entered my car and began driving to work.

My phone began ringing and I picked it up, putting it on speaker to hear the other line.

"Morning, gorgeous." a familiar voice croaked, obviously he had just woken up.

"Morning, Suguru, enjoying your day off?"

"Nope, I have preferred it if I didn't work yesterday." he groaned on the other line.

"Sorry about that, why are you calling?" I asked him.

"Checking in...seeing how it's going."

"All quiet on the western front."

"No it's not don't bullshit me, you went on a date with Gojo Satoru yesterday." he laughed.

"And I went into his penthouse," I smirked.

"Anyways, what do you think of him?"

"He said he could give me the life I always wanted." I thought back to that moment at the restaurant.

"Marry him already why don't you." he joked.

"Wish I could, I'd do anything." I had a dreamy expression on my face.

"Anyways, my cat needs to be watered. Have fun dealing with Eric!"

"Piss off, Suguru!" I shouted and hung up the phone.

By the time the call had ended, I arrived at my workplace and entered, heading up the elevator to my floor to be met face-first with my manager, Eric.

"Morning, Eric." I put on a fake smile and tried to walk past him, but he didn't seem to accept that interaction.

"That document that you were busy on the day before yesterday, where is that?" he demanded, not even bothering to say good morning to me.

"The computer rebooted as I was writing it, and it didn't go back online by the time my shift was over," I explained to him calmly.

"Not an excuse." he crossed his arms and furrowed his thick uneven eyebrows that might as well start cocooning since they look like caterpillars.

"Quite literally is." I shot him a dead glare, walking away to my cubicle to not entertain the conversation any longer.

I put my work bag down, hung my coat over my chair and started up my computer; hoping I still have a copy of that godforsaken document Eric so desperately wants from me.

The shit box of a work computer booted up, revealing to me that none of my progress from the day before yesterday was saved. Meaning I have to re-write the page of nonsense again.

I groaned into my palms, hoping, wishing I could just roll out of my chair and have Suguru tease me over my stupidity of not saving my folder as I should.

This isn't an uncommon occurrence, I tend to not save my documents until they are finished, and sometimes I end up losing all of my work because I keep making the simple mistake of not saving it.

I began re-writing the document, ignoring the blaring voice of Eric, who can't learn to shut up sometimes.
Nobody in this office likes the idiot, and everyone has their reasons.

The elevator opened and I didn't care to roll out my chair to see who it was, and a voice that I could recognise rang through my ears, catching my attention.

I lifted my head to try to peak over my cubicle and the white hair wasn't hard to follow, and before I knew it, he was standing next to my cubicle speaking to my manager.

"She's busy with a document right now, why do you need her." I could feel Eric pointing his fat greasy fingers at me, and I felt grossed out by the thought of it.

"Well, I need Miss L/n to come up with me to the main office, I need her to assist me with something," Gojo spoke calmly, and Eric was not allowed to protest further and simply left.

Gojo turned around to look at me, leaning against the thin wall of my cubicle.
He had a smirk on his face, he knew he had just saved me and made my day.

"Your white knight has arrived my lady, may I escort you to the palace?" he reached his hand out and I took it, rising up from my chair.

"The palace? I thought you were keeping me here in the dungeon." I had a cheeky smile on my face as I kept playing into his act.

"They won't have to know you've returned to the palace, your white knight will have you here before they even know it." he picked my coat up from over my chair and my bag, then I followed him back to the elevator.

I exchanged a glance with Eric and gave him a sour smile, rubbing my freedom in his face.
He didn't seem pleased.

We both entered the elevator and I released a big sigh, keeping myself up with a hand that was holding his shoulder.

"You just hate working don't you." he had a grin on his face and I looked away shyly, trying to make up an excuse for my distaste for working.

"Don't worry, I do too." he continued, slightly laughing as he patted my back and I felt relieved.

"I just...want to get out of here really." I pouted and avoided eye contact with the taller man.

"I'LL GET YOU OUT OF HERE, Y/N,
DON'T WORRY."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS