II

CHAPTER II
————————————————————
SATURDAY
————————————————————

THE MAN NEXT TO ME TYPED AWAY ON HIS COMPUTER, I sat back tapping my nails on the desk.

I huffed over the computer in front of me, that had suddenly decided to reboot. Leaving me with nothing to do.

"This shit box of a computer..." I muttered, which garnered the attention of Suguru; who rolled his chair out to see what was wrong.

"What's the issue, gorgeous?" he got up from his chair and walked over to me, slumping over my chair's headrest and looming over my head.

"These computers are useless...I was just about to finish this document and the shit box decided to reboot." I groaned, melting onto the surface of my desk.

"Oh god...good luck trying to get that document back." he chuckled dryly and squeezed my shoulder before walking back to his cubicle.

"Thanks for nothing, Suguru." I rolled my eyes and opened my phone to check the time, and to my surprise, I had ten minutes left of the working day.

I began getting excited, maybe it's because I want to have a drink after work, but part of me thinks it's because I get to see the new face again.

I began packing my work bag in hopes of trying to leave earlier, but knowing my manager, that idea was almost impossible.

Suguru started turning off his computer and packing his bag too, and the excitement of going out started running its course through my bloodstream.

"You look excited." he laughed at me, and I immediately felt embarrassed over it.

I smiled stupidly and looked away, playing with the hem of the skirt that was part of my uniform.

"You could say so...I'm just tired of this work week and want it to be over." I shook my head with a chuckle and straightened out my skirt.

"Well...good thing we're going out, I can see you're starting to go insane." Suguru got up from his chair and began putting his coat on, which was an indication we were going to leave soon.

"People our age are getting married and we're still working a nine-to-five." I looked at my reflection through the black computer screen to fix my appearance.

"You should be glad you have a stable job that pays really well." Suguru walked over to me, removed my coat that hung lazily over my chair and held it up for me to put it on.

"I don't know...I just think I could be doing better things." I shrugged and slipped my arm through the coat, and Suguru fixed it on me neatly.

I turned around to face him and I smiled at him, thanking him for his kind gesture.
"Ready to go?" he asked and I nodded, following him to the elevator with my bag in hand.

• • •

Suguru and I arrived at the bar that Gojo chose, and I looked around nervously, feeling pieces of my soul crumble and disintegrate over the prices of the drinks.

We found Gojo easily, since that head of white hair can't be mistaken for; and he sat by the bar counter on a stool, a coat hanging off the end of it.

"And L/n came! Oh how great." he smiled at me, and I could feel myself growing hotter by the second.
I don't know if I'm attracted to him or not, maybe it's because he's a model.

"Let's move to a table instead, works better for three people." Gojo got up from the stool and took his coat off the chair, leading us to a table in the corner.

"Suguru...these drinks are expensive," I whispered in his ear and he simply giggled, reassuring me that my job pays enough for me to buy as many as I'd like; and that my frugality isn't going to buy me one.

All three of us sat around the table, and I felt awkward since I didn't know Gojo well. However, Suguru made the atmosphere comfortable with easy topics.

"What do you want to drink L/n?" Gojo asked me, and I felt pressured to answer, yet nothing came out of my mouth. This led me to look at Suguru for help.

"Use your words, gorgeous." he chuckled with a grin, and so now I was in a worse position than before. Gojo gave Suguru and me a surprised look, and I began internally freaking out.

"Gorgeous? Cute little nickname you two have going on." Gojo had a teasing tone to him, and I felt like melting onto the table out of embarrassment.

"So, what do you want to drink, gorgeous?" Gojo had a sly smirk and was fully aware of his teasing intentions. That's something that both the black-haired man and the white-haired man shared in common.
Except sometimes I can't really tell if it's a tease from Suguru.

"I don't know...what do you think I should get?" I felt myself slipping into a state of ease, feeling confident in my communication skills.

"I'll order for you then? That sounds good to me." he chuckled and called a waiter over, reciting his and my order to him, and Suguru gave his in too.

The waiter left and the atmosphere turned quiet, and I felt the need to bring it back with a question I had been asking myself all day.

"So Gojo...what brought you into the office today? Are you going to be working with us?" I asked casually, he looked a bit caught off guard but followed it up with a laugh.

"Oh, I'm not working there...I'm buying the company," he answered easily, which left me in shock, and Suguru didn't even seem surprised at the news.

"Buying it? Am I hearing that right?" my eyebrows were furrowed and his were raised at my statement.

"Buying the company, changing some things up there." he chuckled and I looked at him with excitement since all I've wanted for that company is a new coffee machine, new computers, and a new manager.

"You're saving me...really." I sighed in relief, thinking of the future of my job. Now I won't have to put up with my manager anymore.

The drinks arrived at the table, and to my surprise, Gojo and I had the same drink. Which was an Old Fashioned.
I sipped at it and was pleasantly surprised at the taste, and I looked over at Gojo who winked at me.

"When are you two off?" Gojo asked us, and Suguru answered happily; saying that our off day was tomorrow.
The thought of having the day off tomorrow was alleviating, and I was so pleased with the news.

"What are you doing Y/n?" Suguru tapped my thigh and I started thinking of what I could do with my free day.

"Day drinking and chain smoking cigarettes in my closed apartment...let's not forget ripping bongs too, and then I'll green out and hopefully fucking die." I smiled proudly, not realising I was speaking to my future head of the company.

"Might as well take datura while you're at it." Suguru shook his head with a laugh, and Gojo looked concerned.

"Is everything okay at home?" Gojo chuckled worriedly and I brushed it off as it being a joke, which it was.

"Maybe you two should spend the day with me tomorrow, it would be nice to get to know Y/n a bit better. You're quite funny." he offered us, and before I could give it a second thought, I agreed, and so did Suguru.

TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS BIG BAD WORLD...
————————————————————
@SCYKHS