"I got it." Banner says confidently, making me turn around and see a giant gun able to shoot photon laser in the scientific'a hands.

It instantly blows up the lock and allows Nat to open her cell and run in my arms. I hug her as tightly as I can, like she could slip out of my hold any second. "I'm sorry, I should've been there. I love you. I love you so fucking much."

She kisses me, shortly and softly, filling me with energy and passion. The simple action reminding me why I'm madly in love with her. "I love you too." She answers, as you reluctantly let her out of my embrace. She clears her throat.

"I'm here to get you to safety." Bruce explains. No one told me about this part of the plan?

"Job's not finished." Nat says frowning and then looking at me, but N idea crossed my mind.

If she stops now, she surely won't get injured, because there's no way I let her get another scratch. The emotional roller coaster of today was enough.

"We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians." Banner argues.

"And you've done plenty." I add and she looks at me, not expecting m to take his side in the slightest. I don't think any of us expected that, actually.

"Our fight is over." Bruce says, taking a step very much closer to my girlfriend. See? That's the kind of thing he does that I hate. Nat doesn't need to know the last thing he ate while they talk, does she!?

Though irritation quickly disappears when Nat turns towards me and takes my hands in hers, looking at me in the eyes lovingly.

"You're doing exactly what I did." It's my turn to frown, what je sais she talking bff about? "You can't let me out of a fight because you're scared. The job always was dangerous, always will be. It's not because I've taken a few hits that I can't face it anymore." Goddamn it! Why is she so right!?

Suddenly, before I can give her an answer, the ground starts shaking and cracking. Instinctively Nat tried to cover me from any possible rubble hitting us, but I end up moving so I'm the one protecting her. Proving the point that was made a second ago.

Once it all settles down Banner's the first to speak. "We gotta move." I couldn't agree more. Agreeing with Bruce within the same day? This is getting worrying.

"You're not gonna turn green?" My girlfriend says, confused but mostly worried.

"I've got a compelling ND reason not to lose my cool." He flirts. Again!?

"And after that y don't get why I don't like you?" I complain, the man giving me a guilty look like he can't help it. No wonder why I prefer Hulk.

"Y/N, love, can you make him lose his cool, please." Nat asks something I never thought I'd get the chance to do.

"What? No! Don't use your powers on me! You can't do that!" The man panics and as annoying as it is, it kind of blocks me. It would be messed up of me to use my powers, quite aggressively, on someone on my team, right?

"Y/N-"

"I can't Nat. Can't you call Mjolnïr or something?" I suggest.

"You wanna call Thor?"

"Shut up Bruce." We reply in sync.

"I can't, Thor's using it. He might be flying and needs the hammer for all we know." Nat refuses my idea.

"Well I can't use my powers on my teammate without his consent." I argue.

"Don't I have a say in this?" Banner tries to speak up.