Old Room

Nat's POV:

We swiftly exit the living room and Y/N leads us to another living room, on the same room. There are at least 3 floors, this house is officially endless.

"You okay?" I ask taking her hands in mine and realize why she backed down from our physical touch when we first entered.

"I'm fine, just tired." She says and I can see she's struggling to keep her calm right now. "Every time. Every Time! It's the fucking same!" She then grumbles, kicking an ugly couch probably worth more than my apartment. "I'm sorry for what they said and for losing my cool." She mumbles hiding her face in my neck as I hug her tightly, kissing her neck gently.

"I wouldn't have been mad if you said...ruder... things, they kind of deserve it." I whisper in her ear making her chuckle. "But sometimes, under the control of anger, people say things they don't regret and I wanted to prevent that." She nods, still hiding her face in the crook of my neck.

"We can leave if you want, I would understand." She says as I slowly drag her to a couch to the couch where I sit and she lays, head on my lap.

"I think we should stay. You deserve answers. But I won't hold back on your parents if they say something. So that's at your own risks." I warn jokingly.

"I'd take any risk for you." She mumbles to herself. Cute.

"Super-Hearing sweetheart." I say softly in her ear and she starts blushing, turning her face away from me, what a cutie. A comfortable silence stays a couple of minutes and we use it to relax. "You want answers today or we start asking for them tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow. Today hasn't finished to bring shit our way, let's not bring our own too." I laugh at that and so does she. I take this moment to softly caress her cheek and look at her, her eyes, her lips, her nose, her pretty skin. She's the best.

I hear someone's footsteps close, but ignore it. We then hear a deep throat clearing, making the other person's presence officially known. Y/N quickly stands up and I follow the motion to see Thérèse.

"Vincent will come I wound, eventually, he just needs time." She explains awkwardly, making Y/N look at the floor, doubting if this time will ever come. "Meanwhile, I could show you where you'll sleep... Y-You- Do you share a bed? Or?-"

Y/N throws me a quick glance just to be sure and I nod. "Yes, mother. We will share a bed." The woman's daughter cuts her off, trying to get away from the thickness in the air as fast as possible.

As we walk there, I decide to make conversation but also test the waters a bit. "We know your husband's opinion on LGBTQ+ people, but you've never actually explained your point of view, have you?" I say, clearly asking for the information.

"I don't think these things are... natural... but the human creates things that aren't necessarily natural and yet they aren't prohibited, right?" The woman says shyly, explaining that even though she s doesn't agree with us -which is still kind of bad and weird- she won't interfere like her husband and that's better than nothing. "I'll leave you 2 here." She whispers walking away and leaving us in front of a door on the second floor.

"Ugh." A small groan escapes my girlfriend's lips, looking at the door.

"What's wrong with that room?"

"Nothing, nothing." She reassures, a small smile growing on her pretty face. "I mean, my room is the farthest from other people in this mention and has a huge bed, which is the best combo ever." She confesses about to explain some more, but I don't need more than that to have the need to open the door. "No, wait-"

Now that the door is out of my way, I'm met with a room mixed between the police world and the hero one.

The wall across from me is white, like the door's one and has a window. While the left and right ones are gray. Her bed which is indeed massive fits the rest of the room's color, well shades. The vivid blue decorative blanket gives life to it all, along with a few other blue decorations. It's really simple compared to the rest of the house, this feels more like her.