After Death (Hermitcraft Season 10)

Start from the beginning

"Etho I need you to let go of this man."

Xisuma tried to pry Etho's arms off of Joel to no avail.

"Etho if you want me to help him, you're going to need to let go."

"I've got this X." Another British voice filled Etho's ears, and he immediately relaxed in its presence. "Hey Etho."

Etho grunted to let them know that he was listening and the other person began talking again.

"Etho I want to save Joel." Etho realised that this was Grian. "But you have to let go."

Etho shook his head and gripped Joel tighter.

"Scar, help me with this." Suddenly, Etho felt hands pull at his arms, pulling them away from Joel.

Etho was pulled away, and he felt Joel's warmth slip away from him. Etho gasped and tried to fight Scar and Grian off, but his muscles screamed in protest. He heard Joel's feble protest and wished that he was still holding him.

"It's okay, Etho." The voice came from up above him, and he felt a bucket of water dump on his head.

Etho gasped in surprise, and he sat up quickly, his whole body burning in pain. He panted and looked up to see Scar looking over him with a smile.

"Where's Joel?" He choked out, his voice trembling in exhaustion.

"He's safe. You're back to Hermitcraft again." Scar patted his shoulder gently. "Xisuma is about to get everything going. Joel is with Grian right now. Come on, it's starting."

Etho stood up with Scar's help and walked over to the circle of hermits. Etho gasped when he saw what they were standing around. It was a pool of lava, and he winced at the heat pouring off of it. Scar lay his hand comfortingly on Etho's arm and guided him away from the boiling magma.

Etho started scanning the crowd, looking around for Joel, barely even paying attention to Xisuma.

"Mumbo, how about you start this one?" Xisuma suggested with a laugh.

"Egh- Um, me?" Mumbo asked to much laughter.

"Yes." Xisuma replied easily.

Etho suddenly located Joel on the other side of the lava pool. Joel wasn't looking at his soulmate. His attention was focused on Mumbo.

"Um- yeah, um- Well, hello!" Mumbo laughed, and Grian elbowed him in the stomach. "Uh- Welcome to Hermitcraft season 10!"

After Mumbo finished stuttering his way through the welcome, Xisuma introduced Joel to everyone else. And when Etho's soulmate looked his way and when he smiled, Etho felt his face light up red.

Etho wished he was beside Joel to shield him from the looks of the other hermits. Joel winced under the gaze of some of the most standoffish hermits (Doc), and Etho wanted to run over and hug him.

"Um anyway, everybody can just go off and- Um come and see Ren to hear about a new way of mining." Mumbo stepped behind Grian, and the blond laughed at his friend's embarrassment.

Etho was about to go over to see Joel, but he was pulled away by Tango to go talk to Ren about the group mining thing. Etho looked over to see Grian, Impulse, Scar, and Gem dragging Joel off saying something about a tour.

Etho compromised to talk to his soulmate later, after they'd all set up basses.

*****

Etho looked over all of the materials for his base and once again wondered what Joel was doing. Etho knew he needed to go and see him, but he didn't even know where Joel lived.