𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 31

"Is he going to be alright?" The sweet melody keeping me in my conscious.
"That, my dear, solely rests on what his mind chooses. He hasn't been feedinga nd with using Rhea, well it has triggered it," Mitéra voice circulated around the room as she paced around, mixing ingredients for her her concoction.

"What is 'it' exactly?" She asked as she brushed the curls away from my forehead, droplets of sweat forming at the heat beginning to course my body.
"I feel it is not my place. It is only right that he tells you this himself."
At her words, Nezi and Taimi entered the room. "Great. We can get started."

Started? Started on wh- Heavens. Blood. I need blood. The heat triggered a pain to course through me. "Where is Rhea?" I spoke up, my words barely above a whisper. "Shh. You need your strength," Nevarah continued to stroke her fingers through my hair, the act helping to calm the storm in my head. Though it was helpful, it was not what I needed. There was something else. A little drop of the red warm liquid would calm the storm. A little taste of the addictive crimson elixir that pumped through those thumping veins.

Just one..

I could not help but snarl my teeth at the thought of getting a chance to taste her, the memories of the euphoria that came with cure to my seemingly insatiable hunger.

"Nevarah, dear. You need to get away from him," mitéra warned. She did not. I felt her arms tighten around me. "Nevarah."
"No. I will not leave him," she replied. The tone in her voice grew angrier.
"Nevie-"
"No, Nezi. Do not make me do it. Please," she begged as she rubbed her thumb across my cheek.

A hazy image of Nezi making a drink seeped through my heavy eyelids. "Here. At least gave something to drink," she offered the foreign substance to Nevarah. She didn't bother looking at it, though, replying only with, "Nice try. I said : I. Will. Not. Leave. Him."

"Then I am really sorry for this. Tenebrae resident," the words hit Nevarah as she fell onto the bed beside me. Only a few seconds, and I...

"Hello? Is anyone here?" She walked across the stream, making it a few steps before - "Easy there. Don't try falling a little too hard for me, Chionáti."
"You're okay," she whispered as she held onto me, my arms wrapped around her waist, hoisting her close to me.
"Now that you're here."
We remained like that, the sweet melodic rush of soft wind, the luminous glisten radiating into her eyes - the chocolate brown specks hypnotizing my gaze.

"Come. I want to show you something," I held her hand in mine as I guided us across the stream. We walked together,  side-by-side, and our fingers interlocked together.

"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere. I promise you are going to love it."
"I better. Otherwise-" her words came to a hault as we stopped in front of the hanging vines.

The vines the vines parted with a whispering sigh as I led her through the lingering twirls. The air crackled with ancient energy as we entred the hidden water cave, the ruins of a temple bathed in an ethereal glow.

Moonlight filtered through the water, casting dancing patterns on the ancient stone columns and statues that lined the temple's halls. Moss and algae adorned the weathered surfaces, adding to the eerie beauty of the place.
I watched her as a sense of reverence wash over her as she took in the solemn grandeur of the underwater sanctuary, a place where time seemed to stand still, and the echoes of ancient rituals lingered in the depths.

A sanctuary no one knew about. No one but her and me. Just the two of us. A love foretold. Beyond the stars. One foretold in our dreams.

"I take it that I was right," I watched her relish in the sight in awe. "You were more than right," she whispered as she looked at me. Those eyes hypnotize me once again. Red. Crimson. One taste. I clenched my hand, the taste lingering in my mouth.
Heartbeat. Too loud.