𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7

"Our love should have never been...It has always been you and only you...you dare risk our engagement for a silly little human! I LOVE HER AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. "

"Bomi?Wake up.Breakfast is ready."
I groaned as I covered myself with the blanket Novalie tugged away, " I don't want to get up. Can't I just sleep forever," I complained.

"No, and I would suggest getting up before mom comes to get you."

Reminiscing back to when Aunt Imani had poured water on us when we slept in after she had called us to wake up and clean the house, I quickly got up and made the bed.

Nezi was already in the bathroom brushing her teeth and tying her goddess passion twists up in a bun, a style we did together last week at the hair salon; while Nova was rocking bohemian braids - looking as gorgeous as always.

I put on an oversized jacket over my pjamas and wore a pair of warm,fluffy boots.

"There you are. Almost thought I would have to get you myself," smiled Auntie as she dished up breakfast at the dining table.
"No need mom," said Nova as she hopped down the stairs.

We all gathered around the table and mom said a prayer before we dug in. After eating, Nezi, Nova and I cleaned up in the kitchen.
" So Nova, are you still dating Michael?" I asked.

She looked at me and shyed away, "Actually I'm with Dario now."
"Finally, it was about time you guys got together. "
"Who is Dario?" asked Nezi.
"Dario is a guy in their neighbourhood that she had been beefing with but everyone could see that they actually liked each other. When she started dating Michael , he left to study abroad but he returned about a year earlier.Guess it was meant to be," I ranted off as I placed the dishes in the cupboard.

"At least someone's love life is going well. Maybe you could convince Nevie here to finally indulge in the fun," signaled Nezi as she lightly bumped against my hip.

"Nope, do not drag me into this," I replied, hoping to stop whatever Nezi was starting.
"Oh really, what about Mr.Mysterious-New-Boy ?"
"Oh, so there is a potential suitor?" grinned Nova.
"No. There is no potential suitor whatsoever. Never has been, never will be."

Oh really, your dreams seem to have other plans. NO,those are just games my brain keeps playing on me.

"Okay whatever you say," smiled Nezi.

"Girls, meet us in the garage once you are done!" shouted mom from the living room.

"Took you ladies a while, for a second I thought you may have disappeared," said dad as we descended the stairs into the garage.
"Not funny,what if they were?" whispered mom as she hit his arm as a response.

"So what's going on?" I asked.
Everyone looked around at each other , including Nova and Nezi. "Are we sure about this?" whispered mom to dad. What in God's name is going on... and why does it seem like I'm the only knew confused?Are they all keeping secrets from me?Nezi?!

"¿Papá? ¿Qué está pasando?" 'Dad?What is going on?' I inquired with a look of worry and confusion.
"Avethandwa funeka umxelele. Uyazi ukuba lolona khetho lungcono," said my Aunt Imani to mom. 'Avethandwa you have to tell her. You know it's the best option'

As if mom was done with her internal conflict and having a whole internal debate, she finally muttered up the words, " I think it's best that you sit down Nevarah."

And I was not ready for what would follow...

"My beautiful baby girl, mi hermosa niña. For as long as I can remember, I have lived in fear and worry of your safety from the enemies we have embarked..."
"Enemies?" I asked confused.

"Yes, enemies. There is something you don't know about your family. You see a long time ago, you can imagine the world was different as what we know now, but I'm jot talking about decreased animal population or life expectancy; more about the way we lived and whom we lived with." said mom.

Dad continued , "In an ancient world ,before our time, many different creatures existed and lived amongst each other in peace and conflict. Those fantasy books you read- vampires, werewolves,witches and so forth of supernatural beings- they are all real. And our family..."
"Oh my god , are we witches?" I muttered up in fear.

"Actually that is more me,"answered Nezi as she raised her hand slowly.

"Our family is quite popular in the magic world but no, we are not supernatural creatures. The Arćon Family is a family of protection and service to the innocent," said dad as he stood and typed a pin into a keypad,I had never noticed before.

"We are a family that dedicates itself to acting against danger and injustice and protecting the vulnerable," added Auntie.

"We,Nevarah, are a family of hunters," finished off mom. And at that very moment a wall opened up in the garage , leading to a tunnel.

Hunters...?

"I'm confused, your big secret, is that you are hunters and hold on, Nezi is a witch?You are joking right?" I laughed off.

"We are not your ordinary hunters," smirked Aunt Imani, "We hunt the supernatural."

"Come on , we will show you," said Papá.
They all entered the tunnel and I stood at the entrance in shock , unready and too nervous to walk in.
"Hey, it's going to be okay. Take my hand," said Nova as she held her hand out as if she could see I was about to have a panic attack.

I took her hand and she walked beside me as we caught up with Nezi , whom stood waiting for us. As I began to calm down, I finally looking around and to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

The site before me was absolute startling and intimidating but astonishing , filled with advanced technological machinery but there were rectangular like prisons with beings inside,laid out from top to bottom. There were buttons displayed on the outer side of the cubicles.
'Release
Temperature control
Creature type
Status: Dead or Alive'
The status said 'Alive' but the being was still as if frozen in the cubicle... The button read 'Fairy' and I could not bring myself to believe it, until I saw the fairy wings displayed around the body and they seemed attached to the creature... Oh God, they were telling the truth. But that is impossible right?

"Nevie, you're falling behind,"said Aunt Imani. We entered an elevator , which took us to a lower floor.
"Welcome to Headquarters."

"Wait so this is all real?"
"I'm afraid so," smiled mom slightly as if she was afraid and worried.

"You have to tell her everything,"said dad as if he was also in pain.

"There's more?" I asked in confusion.
And everyone turned to look at me...