𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 30

"Esteemed members of the court, I present to you all my âme souer, Nevarah Nobomi Eira Arćon. Your. Future. Queen."
She looked at me in disbelief, her gaze saying,'Oh no,you didn't'. Mine 'I just did Chionáti' as I pulled her into me with my arm around her waist.

Whispers passed around the room, shock radiating throughout the room filled with guests. Vampires. Nymphs. Witches. Wolves. I spotted Azreal leaning against one of the pillars, with Aereli and Alari beside him. All three of them are smirking, Alari more proudly so.

"Let me understand this. You brought a human girl, a hunter- which you hid from me but no one could miss the uncanny resemblance to General Arćon; hid the fact that she was your âme soeur and you only decide to reveal this now? Have you had no respect for the crown? Or better yet, to your father?!" The loud voice boomed through the room. "Zeph, hold your tongue."
"Don't test me, love. You, too, have to answer to this," he replied to mitéra. Though that wasn't to last as the witches and nymphs began to gather.
"Watch how you speak to me. Or you will not have a wife any longer."
"Sorry agape," he kissed her on her forehead. Though the anger still radiated from him, he seemed to calm down a bit. However, not long after, he left the room.

"Well, that could have gone better," Azreal spoke up.

Her Majesty gestured for the ball to continue, trying to take away the attention of the confrontation that had occurred. Tension and gossip did not disappear from the room, but everyone commenced in their dance. The family, including Nezi, Taimi,Nevarah, and I, followed Mitéra to the drawing room as everyone ignored our absent presence.

"So is it true, is the human girl your âme souer?" Azreal asked. I didn't reply, only cast him a side glare. I had kept my hold on Nevarah, in worry that she might flee or have one of her panic attacks. Though they seemed to have lessened the past few days.

"No, that's why Uncle Zeph just left. Because this is all just a big prank," Aereli hit his arm, rolling her eyes. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure. Bummer, though, I was hoping to shoot my shot."
I was about to go for him, but Nevarah held on to my arm for dear life. Hope to soothe her, I brushed her hair as she clutched onto my arm.

"I'm so happy for you two. I'm glad you finally decided to go through with your announcement, but we have an issue. If we succeed in breaking the curse, and their bond is gone; what then?" I could feel Nevarah tense against me at the prospect. The act had struck me, that maybe she too didn't want to lose what we have. However, I didn't want to get my hopes up; I did not think I could handle the heartache if she simply did not feel the same.

"We are not certain about things right now. We just have to wait to see the outcome," Queen Katerina spoke.
"Wait, what prophecy?" Aereli and Azreal asked at the same time.

"Alari can catch you up on that. Right now, I need to find my husband, and you all need to return to the ball to show unity. We can not show them something is wrong or suggest any division in our family."

We arrived at the ball room, to find everyone going about their way. Though a few whispers on the King's abrupt leave and my announcement.

"Join me on the balcony," I took her hand in mine.

She hoisted her dress up a bit as we maneuvered around the guests. I closed the double doors behind us as she neared the railing, looking up at the stars.

"Why did you do that?" She asked as I stood behind her. "Don't ask questions. You already know the answers to Chionáti."
"This wasn't part of the plan."
"Yeah, some plans change," I replied as I got closer, her back pressed against my front. She sucked a breath, a shiver running through her as I snaked my arm around her waist; hoisting her up against me. She didn't resist my touch.
"Tell me what's actually bothering you," I whispered.