𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 26

Knock. Knock. Knock.  I was just about to start my movie marathon. Especially with no one home, I could fall asleep watching movies on the couch.
"I'm coming!" I shouted as I paused the movie intro.

Dragging my feet as I made my way to the door, I looked through the one-way revealing door to see a dark, tall figure at the door. 

"Oh my. Heavens. What happened?" I gasped to see Malachi standing at my door. Covered in... covered in blood. I caught him as he began to stumble down, rendering himself on a thin line between conscious  and unconscious.

Definitely not how I expected my night to go.

Gods. Why is he so heavy? I swear it's like he is made out of steel. I don't know how, but I managed to get him upstairs, his body leaning against me as I threw his arm around my shoulder. I headed for the bathroom, hoping to get him cleaned up.

I began to rather shower as I placed him on the closed toilet seat. "Stay here. I'll be back," I told him as I headed out. I went to the guest room, hoping to find something for him wear. I found sweats that belonged to my dad, though I wasn't quite sure they would fit. They seemed rather too small. Guess they'll have to do.

I opened the bathroom door to find him gone from the toilet seat. "Malachi?" I asked, "I thought I told you not to move."
I got closer to the toilet, only to be pulled into the shower as I dropped the clothes on the floor. "Malachi. Heavens, you scared me. What are you doing?" I asked as he held me against him. He snuggled himself into the crouch of my neck. Sniffing me, taking in my scent as if it was his most prized possession.

"Malachi," the word came out a breathless moan as he pulled me flush against him, my back attached to his front. I could feel him inhale as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, his hand unravelling my hair from its ponytail. "Give that back," I tried to reach for my scrunchie, but to no avail.
He turned me around, holding me flush against the tiled shower wall. Flecks of crimson flickered in his pupils as they dilated to a darker stormy grey.

His face still nuzzled into my neck, and he placed his hands beside me head; trapping me against him and the wall. I was soaked, and my satin pyjamas stuck onto me like a pair of second skin. Snapping out of the distraction as my body began to heat up from the close contact of our bodies together, I began to reach for the dagger on my thigh. As I was about to take it out of its hold, I felt a sharpness graze my neck. Was he going to bite me?

I should stop him. But my mind couldn't help but think of the last time when I had let him feed on me. I had not expected the euphoric pleasure that coursed through me when he sunk his teeth into me , having his fill at me. What is wrong with me? Hesitating? He was about to bite me, and here I was dwelling on... Heavens, I was going mad.

As I thought he was about to bite me, he only placed a soft kiss down my throat as he stepped aside, making space for me to move. I almost hesitated to leave, dumbfounded by the gesture. Wasting no time in my escape, I stepped out.  "These were all I could find. I'm not sure they'll fit."
"Thank you." Those were the first two words he had said since he arrived on my doorstep. 'Thank you'
"You're welcome," I closed the bathroom door.  Uggh, my hot chocolate is probably cold by now.

I decided to get a change of clothes and find a towel to wrap my hair, considering it was wet. I changed into a similar satin pair of pyjamas. Though realising how cold it was, I swapped the pair of shorts for ling fluffy bottoms. There that should do it, I thought to myself as I finally managed to tie the towel around my hair.

I headed downstairs to make another cup of hot chocolate, deciding to take my snacks with me to my room. Opening my bedroom door, I found him standing half naked with only the sweatpants on. His har looked damp as he patted it with a towel. He stopped in movements, glancing my way as I walked in.