𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11

"Mama, is it really necessary for me to lead this assignment. I'm basically a newbie to all this," I argued. I could not exactly tell her that I was too close to the case because then I would have to explain my weird dream, and I had stopped doing that a long time ago. And this one just felt too personal to share...
"You may feel as though you are new to all this, but you have trained your whole life for it, even if you do not currently see it."
"But Mama...," I nagged. "Nevarah, this discussion is over. If you wish to change anything , speak to your father about it - he was the one who put all his trust in you and that you could lead us to victory."

I knew there was no hope when she mentioned that I would have to explain to Papá about why I could not possibly lead, because one thing about my father is when he put his mind to something, especially if he believed that I could do it, he was not going to change his mind.

"Snipes training for Operation H.T.D { Hasapis Thanatos Dynasty} in District 2. Travelling crew to Africalina , please head over to the station in District 8. Executive Operative Arćon of H.T.D. is to report to District 5," alerted a silvery yet authoritative voice on the intercom system.

As I headed over to District 8, I couldn't help thinking about the means of this Operation and how I was in constant conflict to kill a man - no scratch that- a vampire whom posed a danger , yet for me that was not the side of him I had seen. In my dreams, when he helped me with my panic attack or y I'm assuming he was the one- he brought me home when I was out in the dark night, and he kept me company.

However, I could not just tell everyone that it was a mistake to put an end to him, just because he was sweet and gentle with me; for I knew nothing of his other affairs.
"You requested for me General Arćon?" I inquired as I walked into the armoury where the weapons inventory was located locked in safe and secure, with guards standing outside on standby as well as a high tech sysytem to enterand exit; yeah, I know a bit dramatic much but this was one of the most crucial Districts.

"Operation H.T.D. I've heard there seems to be some delay in your acceptance to lead the Operation," he replied as he he cocked the Carbine rifle gun.
"It is true, General." He looked at me for a moment before continuing with loading bullets into his gun. "Well , I hope the matter has been solved, and you'll be handing in your oath, signed of course, for the Operation," he declared.
"But father, I mean General Arćon, would it not be best to let someone more experienced take over? I may be a top archer, but that does not mean I can lead this operation."
"Perhaps not but you as my daughter, have trained for worse circumstances, and you may not know it, but you are ready. Your mother and I have prepared you for this indirectly, so you may have never noticed that you have actually prepared for a variety of missions; and Operation H.T.D will prove just that," he disputed in a calm and confident manner, that all he was saying was , with no doubt, the truth.
I could not find it in me to bicker any longer and confirmed that this was a lost cause that I would ,without any doubt, lead this Operation whether I liked it or not.

"I will hand in my oath. If that is all?"
"You are dismissed, Executive Operative," he announced.

I left the armoury and made my way to District 6 in hopes of cooling down by shooting some arrows. My plan was to no avail as the constant buzzing in my head continued, and my nerves started taking the better of me, so much that I shot the wall instead of the bullseye. No ,please, not this again. I fell to the floor with nk one insight.
"Help!" I managed out in a breathy soft sound, not audible enough for anyone to hear. I slowly began to close my eyes, and that's when I drifted off to his voice, calming me down.

"Breathe 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊́.Just breathe, I'm right here," he said. And he was right. He was always there; consuming my thoughts and dreams from the first breath in the morning to the momentI closed my eyes at dusk. The truth is I was worried for him. Something inside me was scared of losing him, and I could not fathom why. As his words soothed me, clips from my previous dreams began spiralling.