𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2

_Malachi_

Unforseen...love...snow...world...snow...turns...into...wine...Unforseen...love...snow...world...snow...turns...into...wine..."

The same words had been ringing inside my head since last night once again.
"Sweetie, are you sure about this?Wouldn't it be better for you to just join the Hunt or have Annalise teach you?" said mom, bringing me out of my thoughts.
"No mitéra. I chose this so I could enjoy my last bit of freedom before the Δίκη (Trial)."

All my life, all I've learnt was to prepare me to be the next Βασιλιάς (King). From my first shallow breath in the morning to my last thoughts of the day in my -all I've been taught was all for a greater cause : To lead my people.

"Everything is going to be okay mitéra."
"I know I'm just worried about you and want to help you so you can find a love as beautiful as the sun ,the moon and stars -your âme soeur. I thought maybe if you joined the Hunt , you would find her- you know how important it is to find your soulmate before you ascend the throne."

My mom is an immortal witch whom just happened to fall in love with my dad , the "Βασιλιάς Βαμπίρ" which means "Vampire King". Relationships between different creatures wasn't exactly welcomed and they faced many challenges but here they stood, their love still going strong.
Life companions were important in our world like the soul mates that humans believed they were destined to meet and would share an undeniably out-of-world bond and an unimaginable love ,we had a similar thing.
Our soul mate bonds are more intense as we believe "Love is the Fountain of life" and finding your âme soeur is of one of the only rights of passage all creatures believe in , be it you are a witch or fairy from Farolicià , a werewolf from Wolvéra, and so forth.

Finding your soulmate felt like utter bliss and elysian, or so I've heard from everyone around.

Unfortunately I had not met mine as of yet and it made life lonely , left me with a past I'm not proud of, but that's a story for another time-still a fresh wound on all around me. My ferocious behaviour stopped a few years back and my parents believed it may have been connected to my âme soeur so yes, I knew how important it was to find my soulmate but it wasn't something I really focused on , at this point I'm convinced she may have died or doesn't exist as I have lived for so long and yet I have not once come across her...Maybe I'm just destined to be alone..

As the rest of the students began to arrive to prepare for the Hunt,I got ready to leave for the mortal realm. Our world was divide into two realms 'Embermore' -the mortal realm and 'ο κόσμος όλων' "The World of All" , which is where all magical creatures lived. We had a council that kept peace amongst the land but that didn't mean mortals and immortals were "friends" in the liking , we just didn't fight as much.
The Council consisted of 8 memebrs-4 mortals who knew of our existence and our King and 3 other representatives of our world. Not all humans knew that magical creatures existed , and The Council made sure of that,to protect everyone. There was a time when we all lived as one but a certain war caused our worlds to divide and so all evidence of our co-existence was erased be it books, journals and even spawns of human and magical creature soulmate bonds, only those they deemed to be causing havo-of course; they didnt exactly just go around killing people, I think. I don't really know what happened for our worlds to become such but my dad had promised to tell me once I would become Βασιλιάς.
Here goes nothing,I thought as I opened the portal to Embermore.

I had been to the mortal world as few times to feed but never to stay as long as going to school and it looked different in the daylight compared to the starry night darkness I'd always seen it in...beautiful even almost like the fairy gardens back home but not quite ,I don't think any palce could match the beauty of Farolicià. I found my way to the school and met the principal whom welcomed me to my teacher, Ms.Evans...She's in the council, I can sense her worry from a mile away.She seemed quite polite and I followed her to my new class.

"Alright settle down!" shouted Ms.Evans as she walked in, trying to quite down the noise which radiated from her class."We have a new student joining us."
" I hope you help make his experience wonderful,uhmm..." ,"Malachai Thanatos," I reminded her as she looked at me trying to guess my name. Before I even finished my statement , I felt a foreign aura in the room that tugged at me ,drawing me in and I turned to the back only for my eyes to meet the most beautiful golden,chocolate-brown eyes and little did I know those very eyes were the answer to my mystery.
As she did the class attendance register , the thought that bugged me was,

"Who is Nevarah Arćon?"